M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
rEAD AN OLD THREAD ABOUT d2MOTO IMPROVING THE CLEAR ALTERNATIVES TAIL LIGHT. iS ANYONE SELLING A QUALITY PRODUCT THAT WORKS WITH SOME LONGEVITY? e-BAY PRICES $49.99-$131.96. THANKS

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Need to fix your usage of the caps. You got it all backwards.
No, there has been no word about the improved D2Moto tail light.
Sad because I've been waiting on it also. The only other real alternative is to buy the clear Suzuki tail light for the LE M109R.

·
Registered
608 Posts
New and improved version is supposed to be released in March timeframe. Looks to be a good one. Been waiting patiently.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Yeah I got mine, and it doesn't work, but after shipping and everything It wasn't worth sending it back. Patiently waiting as well...

You can always separate the clear cover from the Clear Alternatives and the red one from the stock light and switch them...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Is D2moto different from Moto Lume? I sent my Clear Alternative back to Moto Lume and was sent the "new Improved" tail light. I havent been on the road with them yet. It works fine after 6 or so test blinks:p

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
Is D2moto different from Moto Lume? I sent my Clear Alternative back to Moto Lume and was sent the "new Improved" tail light. I havent been on the road with them yet. It works fine after 6 or so test blinks:p
The original C.A. light had 15 leds, just like the stocker. The "new & improved model has 240 leds. My original quit within a year. My "new & improved" quit after three years.

I'm quite sure they sent you the gen.II light with 240 leds. And no, it will not last. It will outlast the gen.i, but will eventually fail.

I'm on the fence about buying another, not sure I should trust them for another go round.:dontknow:

I'll know when I see what it looks like. If its as bright as they claim it will be, and has been tested to fail, maybe I'll part with some money.

Its gonna hafta be one heck of a light, thats all I got to say about it.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The original C.A. light had 15 leds, just like the stocker. The "new & improved model has 240 leds. My original quit within a year. My "new & improved" quit after three years.

I'm quite sure they sent you the gen.II light with 240 leds. And no, it will not last. It will outlast the gen.i, but will eventually fail.

I'm on the fence about buying another, not sure I should trust them for another go round.:dontknow:

I'll know when I see what it looks like. If its as bright as they claim it will be, and has been tested to fail, maybe I'll part with some money.

Its gonna hafta be one heck of a light, thats all I got to say about it.
Thanks for the heads up.
You would think someone in the market of making a safety device could make it last like some others can :confused:

·
Registered
664 Posts
I had a gen 1, it failed within 3-4 months... I bought a Gen 2 and I caught it before it failed (it was draining my battery with the bike off). But it was on my bike for about 1 year...
I will try there 3rd gen when it is available, if it fails like the other 2 i won't buy anything else from them... (i give most manufactures 3 chances..)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts