M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys are these intergrated tail lights you can buy with the turn signals in them legal here in australia

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just wanted to know for my mates 109 and your bike how low is it 3 inch?

·
Registered
179 Posts
There needs to be 30 cms bet each side of the blinkers...so, no they're not legal.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You can have them but you have to keep the others as well because here in aussie the cops go by the gap between left to right <--------------> i cant remember off hand but its like 6 or 7 inches

Onnie

·
Registered
226 Posts
There is nothing stoping you from having the integrated light but you have to have a set of blinkers as well that comply with Road Traffic Act.
They do have to be 30cms apart from centre to centre of the blinkers so it can be easily destinguished which way are you turning....apparently :D

I had a probee copper try to give me **** about some of the mods on my bike and once I started smashing him about his poor knowledge of the RTA he started finding excuses for his interpretation of the Act and go back in the car like a lil bitch while the Sarge who was leaning on the bonnet the of the cop car the whole time just laughed coz he knew me....:D

Its same with side licence plate mount, first its not clearly visable as its on the side. secondly if you take it off because of the way the 109 is designed it does not make 45 degree angle from the tyre as the its too high up...but with the licence plate it does

If you saw some of my mods you would scratch you head but every single one of them is compliable with RTA...to some extent...read between the lines and then just claim that thats yours interpretation of the act

Google the Acts and read up on it before you do any mods and you ll be fine bro

1 - 7 of 7 Posts