M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wire diagram for installing tail light with integrated turn signals.This set-up will allow your turn signals to flash at normal rate.The tail light I used was purchased from D2MOTO.
For a nice clean set-up, I cut the plug from the OEM turn signals so that after its all wired up I can just plug into the harness on the bike. that way if I have to take the tail end apart, all i have to do is un-plug everything. Very simple :bigthumbsup:....Click here for other instructions and scroll to the bottom

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,917 Posts
You can also use a digital flasher which won't heat up or burn out.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I thought that the ones from D2moto were holding up well. Has anyone else had leds go out yet on theirs?
Yes I have. It lasted about a week tops.

·
Registered
567 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
just got mine, everything is working fine but the brake light is not working:dontknow:.

all the fuse are good. just the plug that should work brake and runing lights, like stock right? did i miss something here, or anyone had this problem?
thanks for the any help.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dragon

just got mine, everything is working fine but the brake light is not working:dontknow:

I had the very same problem. I took the taillight apart, and found that there was a wire that was pierced through a solder joint creating a short. Put it back together, and still no brake light. The guy did refund my money thru Paypal. So I don't think its a wiring issue. Vinny

·
Registered
3 Posts
Re tail light.

just got mine, everything is working fine but the brake light is not working:dontknow:

I had the very same problem. I took the taillight apart, and found that there was a wire that was pierced through a solder joint creating a short. Put it back together, and still no brake light. The guy did refund my money thru Paypal. So I don't think its a wiring issue. Vinny
Mate the same thing happened to me ,swap the red and green wires in the new tail light plug and it works great.Micko.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Micko.....this was a WAY OLD thread and was dealing with the first or second generation lights....not the ones currently available

1 - 16 of 16 Posts