M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To get at the tail-light , the rear frame-cover must be removed, I have losened the four obvious screws/bolts on top, but something else further back is still holding it and the manual illustration on page 11-53 does not show what else is holding it. I thought it may be some snaps, but it wont budge. If someone is familiar with removing that frame-cover, please help. Thank you.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Disregard my S.O.S, message re the rear frame and tail light removal I found the solution, two bolts from underneath.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Charles Darwin said:
I´m gonna order the tail light from the Limited Edition, the clear one...Looks COOOOOOOL! :bigthumbsup:
Me to, its going to look good on me black 109. When are the lights going to be available?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just finished installing a clear LED tailight, It looks awesome, now that I am finished with it, I must say it was simple to do. I bought mine from "Clear Alternatives, LLC" It is a very nice unit. Once you expose the original light-unit it is just a question of unplugging and than the new one plugging in. It comes with some additional wiring in case you want to use it as a signal light as well. I kept the original signal lights but also put clear lenses in those with silver bulbs that light up in amber. The whole thing lenses and lights was about a couple of hundred bucks.
I can highly recommend CLEAR ALTERNATIVES, I phoned in the order and it seem like a few days and the stuff was at my front door.

·
Registered
407 Posts
kratto said:
I just finished installing a clear LED tailight, It looks awesome, now that I am finished with it, I must say it was simple to do. I bought mine from "Clear Alternatives, LLC" It is a very nice unit. Once you expose the original light-unit it is just a question of unplugging and than the new one plugging in. It comes with some additional wiring in case you want to use it as a signal light as well. I kept the original signal lights but also put clear lenses in those with silver bulbs that light up in amber. The whole thing lenses and lights was about a couple of hundred bucks.
I can highly recommend CLEAR ALTERNATIVES, I phoned in the order and it seem like a few days and the stuff was at my front door.
Spill man. Lets have some details. I just looked on there site and nothing. Hook us up so we can drool over your bike. :nopic:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am doing nothing radical with the tail end. Essentially just replacing lenses. Probably boring to most, I just took some pieces of the bike for chroming, The footpegholders, You know, those black clumps of cast metal, and those pieces of black plastic on both sides of the bike just ahead of the rear wheel, four pieces of plastic in total.
There is an outfit not to far from here that does plastic chroming or plating as he calls it.
My bike is silver and those black pieces I took of, look better chromed in my mind. On a black bike that is maybe a different story.
Anyway that,.... and the round engine cover and the rear caliper is all the chroming I am going to do before I am putting it to bed for her winter sleep .

·
Registered
67 Posts
kratto said:
I am doing nothing radical with the tail end. Essentially just replacing lenses. Probably boring to most, I just took some pieces of the bike for chroming, The footpegholders, You know, those black clumps of cast metal, and those pieces of black plastic on both sides of the bike just ahead of the rear wheel, four pieces of plastic in total.
There is an outfit not to far from here that does plastic chroming or plating as he calls it.
My bike is silver and those black pieces I took of, look better chromed in my mind. On a black bike that is maybe a different story.
Anyway that,.... and the round engine cover and the rear caliper is all the chroming I am going to do before I am putting it to bed for her winter sleep .
I would love to know who does the plastic chrome plate.....

G

·
kratto said:
To get at the tail-light , the rear frame-cover must be removed, I have losened the four obvious screws/bolts on top, but something else further back is still holding it and the manual illustration on page 11-53 does not show what else is holding it. I thought it may be some snaps, but it wont budge. If someone is familiar with removing that frame-cover, please help.  Thank you.
are you mutilating your 109?

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
itsthatfast said:
are you mutilating your 109?
itsthatfast, this is getting old. There must be another topic your interested in here, rather than harrasing a fellow member from a thread long gone...
Not everyone has an opinion you will agree with, but re-hashing isn't really what this site is about is it?

G

·
Canuk said:
itsthatfast, this is getting old. There must be another topic your interested in here, rather than harrasing a fellow member from a thread long gone...
Not everyone has an opinion you will agree with, but re-hashing isn't really what this site is about is it?
It was just a little ribbing. I would hardly consider it harassing. I'll run my future posts by you to make sure they're politically correct.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts