M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went for a ride tonight and my buddy noticed my tail light is out.. Is there a fuse? I have the C I intergrated light

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You can check the fuse, but I think we both expect you are the newest CA failure victim.

Half of mine has been coming and going whenever it feels like it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Me Too

Yea, my integrated tail light is out as well. Since I have one over my side mounted license plate, I went to Auto zone and bought a 15 inch strip of red lights and put them on the lip of my rear fender and hooked them to the tail light wire. This gives me additional light until I figure out what I am going to do. :agree:

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Well don't feel alone! I hadn't had mine, mybe 5 month's and the tail light is out. A fuse won't help this. The signal's and brake light still work, but no tail. Ticked off is saying it mildly. I had to stick the org. back in for the time being. I guess we are setting a precedent of thing to come. Anybody got a better idea?
All I want is brake and tail light, don't want or need turn signals. :doorag:
The stock one is brake and running light.

I may fiddle with my CA one, gut it and put in actual bulbs. We will see when I get around to that.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Is this the tendency of all the integrated tail lights?
I hope not, cuz I just ordered one last night. I wonder if that's why they are so inexpensive?

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I didn't buy a CA, I bought this

I hope it's a better one. was recommended here

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey guys as usual this site is beyond helpful.... I called Bryan last night and he was helping me over the phone as I had her apart at a gas station.

Thanks for all the input and you all were correct, the CA (not C I):D tail light died last night.... This is my third CA light, soooooooo stock tail light is going in and I am going to buy the LED strip for my turn signals..... They are good with tec support and exchanges but I am done.

It was a night to leave her home, air ride UP switch went out last night as well...:dontknow:

Now that being said, anyone have a stock light for sale, or want to give it away. :D

Thanks again Bryan....

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well, The CA intergrated tail light struck again, mine has died..Although I am going to have them send me a new one to sell.. I would not recommend this product to anyone..what a waste of money. I re-installed my factory light, placed my factory turns in the reflector bracket, looks are ok, another option if you dont want to buy more lights...
:cus:

·
Registered
547 Posts
I didn't buy a CA, I bought this

I hope it's a better one. was recommended here
I had one of these. It lasted a week and did the same as the CA. It is now sitting in a box and my stock tail light is now back on the bike.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I had one of these. It lasted a week and did the same as the CA. It is now sitting in a box and my stock tail light is now back on the bike.
Fantastic, just what I wanted to hear. I have so much to look forward to now!!:doh:

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
hate to be mr obvious, but the chinese company is the one making them for CA too so essentially you're buying the same thing without the markup.

just crap

do the right thing and just buy one of my black tinted stock lights:D

·
Registered
300 Posts
i have a C A lite that was working good for quite a while now when i hit bumps the left half goes out (WHY????) then hit another bump and back on (WHY????) what is actually happening with it? when friends ride behind me, they say the lite is very hard to see in the daylight,hmmm?? WHY WHY WHY?????????????

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Big-B at lest your are in the recieving phase, and can send it back, or not it's your $$$$$$$. Untill I hear of the good, I plan on sticking to the stock (it work's) that's the difference in JapOnees and ChiOnees. The Jap's have pride in workmanship, and the China stuff is crap because they could give a crap. China is one of the most corrupt people's on the planet. Ain't free trade great, they have our job's, they have our money, they have our trade and we get the shaft. The bad part is our government condon's it, same thing with Mexico. Corruption is an understatment, but we is buddy's, SEE.:bigthumbsup:
Haha your post made me giggle loke a lil school girl. But so true. I'll put it on and see what happens. Hell, it was only 35 bux. I've wasted more then that on a lousey dinner. Should be here Monday, let ya know how it is.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts