M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at buying a Tail Bag for my "9" because I just cannot bring myself to putting saddle bags on my bike. The 9 has such clean lines I don't want to disturb the look of the bike! Has anyone used a Tail Bag on their "9" and did you use it with or without the passenger seat? Need some storage!

·
Registered
7,059 Posts

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=FTL_CAR007_G

This is what I use. Sits onthe back seat and strap it down to the bungee buttons, come with staps for securing the bag to the bike. I like it because it expands to give you more room and plenty of posckets. I got mine from cycle gear, $120. Just wait for a sale. I only use bags when I am on long rides. Its big enough to hold a jacket and or water and snacks for the long trips.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Cortech Sport Tail Bag. Can use with or without your passenger seat. You will need some bungee buttons though.

It comes with a soft neoprene under liner, so when you are placing it on ur rear cowl, it wont slide or do damage. Just make sure there is no debris, dust, or dirt on the neoprene so you will have less chance of scratching ur rear cowl.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Joe Rocket Manta tail bag, it holds more than you would think. You do have to add some velcro to get all the way around our seats though, Home Depot. It's really nice if you don't carry whole lot.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=&L2=&L3=&L4=&item=FTL_CAR007_G

This is what I use. Sits onthe back seat and strap it down to the bungee buttons, come with staps for securing the bag to the bike. I like it because it expands to give you more room and plenty of posckets. I got mine from cycle gear, $120. Just wait for a sale. I only use bags when I am on long rides. Its big enough to hold a jacket and or water and snacks for the long trips.
Any pics w/ this mounted to your bike?

Cortech Sport Tail Bag. Can use with or without your passenger seat. You will need some bungee buttons though.

It comes with a soft neoprene under liner, so when you are placing it on ur rear cowl, it wont slide or do damage. Just make sure there is no debris, dust, or dirt on the neoprene so you will have less chance of scratching ur rear cowl.
Jeff, do you have any pics of it mounted to the bike?

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
this is wot i have kuryakyn grantour travel bag 4141
Thats mine as well, love it when I need it! Works the balls:bigthumbsup:

Thanks watto!!!! I never thought of installing it like that! I have all-ways slid it down on my bitch bar, and it sat on the shelf! Glad I looked this tread over, thanks again!!

·
Registered
7,059 Posts
Sorry I dont right now. Still stuck in Iraq. I will be home and in Vegas for Bike week there and I will take pics then. It attaches to the bungee buttons i have on the bike. The bag has bungee cords built in and attach to the bag as well. The bag sits really well and never had an issue of it sliding around on the back passenger seat.

Any pics w/ this mounted to your bike?

Jeff, do you have any pics of it mounted to the bike?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Went ahead and purchased the Cortech Combo of Saddle Bags and Tail Bag. It worked perfectly! Doesn't ruin the looks of the bike and they go on and off in less than 2o seconds! Tons of storage!

I am looking at buying a Tail Bag for my "9" because I just cannot bring myself to putting saddle bags on my bike. The 9 has such clean lines I don't want to disturb the look of the bike! Has anyone used a Tail Bag on their "9" and did you use it with or without the passenger seat? Need some storage!

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
What I hate about those soft saddlebags is that the first time you run into rain crap of the rear tire gets up under the bags and dulls the clear coat or scratches the paint.

Psy

·
Registered
735 Posts
stable and you can add a lot

this is what i run for a tail bag.
Tiny has the right Idea, I run the same set up on my nine with Dowco iron rider bags, you can stack these on the rear rack and backrest 3 high big bag on bottom and have a ton of storage space. Its not that hard to install and take off. Half an hour and your bags are on it ready for that long ride. All that stuff strapped to the back seat look like an accident waiting to happen. Plus the fact that putting it on and taking it off is time consuming and a plane pain in the rear:agree:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts