M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm sure some one will like to see what it looks like before they buy a solo rack, and what it will look like with a soft bag from cortech..

This is really good for a one day trip or over night trip, inside a full leather jacket fits and maybe a sweater etc. the bag will exteng another inch on each side for more space. bought it at cycle gear $68.oo and comes with built in elastic straps, you will not need the solo rack for this bag, it comes with a removal sponge like bottom to protect any painted surface.

G

·
call me crazy...but I like it....not too difficult to remove it all once you get to where you're going too I assume? I love the "clean lines" of not having gear on the bike...however I do miss having bags and all that jazz.....so this looks like a perfect combo for trips..... thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
What does the Cobra Solo Rack look like without the bag?
Do you have to install longer bolts, or are those the stockers?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I'm sure some one will like to see what it looks like before they buy a solo rack, and what it will look like with a soft bag from cortech..

This is really good for a one day trip or over night trip, inside a full leather jacket fits and maybe a sweater etc. the bag will exteng another inch on each side for more space. bought it at cycle gear $68.oo and comes with built in elastic straps, you will not need the solo rack for this bag, it comes with a removal sponge like bottom to protect any painted surface.
I had 3 magnetic bags that I used with mine. That was my whole purpose of buying the rack. I like the magnetic tank bags, but I don't really care for them in front of me on the tank:doorag:. The solo luggage rack was the perfect fit. I didn't even need to strap the 2 smaller bags down, just stick on and go. The larger one was expandable and contained enough clothes for a 3 night stay at Gatlinburg last spring. I just added a net, and 2 bungees for extra security, and off we went. Wish I had some pictures, but, after the computer crash, they are all gone:confused:.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
I like that. I've thought about getting the rack and mounting one of the small tail trunks on it for trips.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I like that, it looks better than any other option I've seen so far and lack of storage is the biggest draw back of the nine in my opinion. Thanks for the picks....

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I got the rack. Now I need to order a bag.:bigthumbsup:
Check your local craigslist. I got my expandable bag (worth $115) for $40 on craigslist. I also got the smaller one on the tank, (I always kept it with me) for $15. I used the smaller one to keep my wallet, keys, or a bottle of water handy. It fits on the luggage rack with no straps needed at all.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Ordered my rack last Friday from DLP, best price I found, I like the look the the Cortec bag on it and I always need more space for stuff...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Let's see a pic on a white nine, We might need extra straps since everyone knows the white nines are the fastest :bigthumbsup:
We all know that the WHITE 9's are the fastest.:D I have not put it on yet. I'll wait until I have the other mods in, then I'll do it all at one time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Would appreciate some without the luggage as well (so just the overall view of the bike with just the rack attached). Have been in doubt about this solution for a while now; so far have been able to do the 2 or 3 night trips with a tank bag but think it would ride esier on higer speeds with the luggage on the back of the bike.. unfortunately the Cobra solution is rather expensive here in Europe..

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Thanks for the pics! Would appreciate some without the luggage as well (so just the overall view of the bike with just the rack attached). Have been in doubt about this solution for a while now; so far have been able to do the 2 or 3 night trips with a tank bag but think it would ride esier on higer speeds with the luggage on the back of the bike.. unfortunately the Cobra solution is rather expensive here in Europe..
Heres mine,Gregg

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice! thx for posting; looks good enough indeed to just leave on even without luggage when going away for a few days ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts