M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to get the screw out of the drive for a side mount tag holder? I keep twisting and it is not moving.:cus:

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
If you're talking about the allen plug in the top left corner, it is very tight but screws right out to the left. If it is just turning and turning then it must be stripped.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Yes, it was part of a mounting kit to hold the side mount tag in place.
Ok, I have not seen that kit before. I went with the cycle house kit by DLP. It mounts into the top plug on the hub. Easy install and keeps the plate a little closer in. That set up you have uses an expansion plug that goes inside that axle if I am not mistaken. Did the expansion plug not lock in.

Here's what I have
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6250&str=290

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
that is how shane mounts his side plates that is a threaded rod that goes throug the rear axle it should have a pin in the other side exhaust side to hold it from turning and a lock nut!!! pm me if you need more help

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I have not seen that kit before. I went with the cycle house kit by DLP. It mounts into the top plug on the hub. Easy install and keeps the plate a little closer in. That set up you have uses an expansion plug that goes inside that axle if I am not mistaken. Did the expansion plug not lock in.

Here's what I have
http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=6250&str=290
That is exactly what is wrong! The expansion plug is locked in and I can't get it loose. You have any idea how to get it out?:dontknow:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that is how shane mounts his side plates that is a threaded rod that goes throug the rear axle it should have a pin in the other side exhaust side to hold it from turning and a lock nut!!! pm me if you need more help
It did not have a pin on the other side. It just locked in and I now I cannot get it out!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts