M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, new to forum so be easy on me. Was just wondering that apart from no idiot lights would anything else be affected if I removed the tach assembly alltogether?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Do search for tax relocation, a lot of us have moved the tac to behind the headlight bucket. You get to keep it and its not "in your face"

·
Registered
459 Posts
It doesn't hurt anything to take it off. You just won't have dummy lights. Took mine off for awhile till I put an Autometer tach on.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It doesn't hurt anything to take it off. You just won't have dummy lights. Took mine off for awhile till I put an Autometer tach on.
:agree:

You can get your idiot lights back either with a pre-made idiot light pod or with individual LEDs.

Both just tap into the matching wire in the harness you unplug from the tach.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi
I've had my tach off almost from day one,its a horrible cheap and nasty looking thing.Even tried the riser mount and didn't like it.No trouble with anything since, I don't think you need a tach you can feel the bike,I will though, add at least a neutral light and oil light at some stage,just waiting for some ideas but the removal hasn't affected the machine at all.
Cheers
Kranski.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I had mine off for a while, and the thing I missed most was the turn signal indicators. I was always leaving on the turn signals with no light flashing in my face. So, I made a cut out in the black plastic insert in the back of the headlight bucket the same size as the tach and installed it there. I took off the back cover on the tach, but left the chrome bezel. The chrome bezel is half inside, half outside the black plastic cover. This was a pain in the a$$ ! The angle of the headlight made for a tight fit and some additional modification.
I think---leave it off and get some lights.
dw

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does autometer make a direct plug in set up? I have an re not to crazy about the each myself. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts