M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove my Tach to send off to get the blue gauges put in. My question is. Can I remove the tach without removing the harness that goes through the headlight bucket. Is there a way to remove the wireharness from the back of the tack. The manual isn't very clear other that telling me to remove the headlight and remove the tach.
Thanks,
Shane​

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Well, you could, but it would involve cutting a few wires.

Anything is possible.

Just pop off the headlight bucket. It is a 2 minute job and will save you a great deal of soldering when you get it back.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the HID and stebel in there and was just wondering. Its kinda a pita to get it all back in there. Is there a plug in the headlight bucket that you just have to disconnect? I have had the bucket off a few time but have never really noticed it?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have the HID and stebel in there and was just wondering. Its kinda a pita to get it all back in there. Is there a plug in the headlight bucket that you just have to disconnect? I have had the bucket off a few time but have never really noticed it?
Yup, it is just a plug in there.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks SR. Guess I'll be pulling it apart when I get back from work tonight. Crappppp, man do I hate that headlight bucket as much as I hate the damn radiator shroud.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I did mine (bluegauges) last year you will love them.yes it just plugs in don't forget to remove the chrome covers and just send gauge

1 - 7 of 7 Posts