M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read lots of stuff on the boards and most people when they relocate the Tach leave the chrom Plastic housing on the tach and intend on removing this. Has anyone done this and if so is it a pain in the but, is it water proof etc.Cheers

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
No problem BlackFlash. It was not that big of job. Yes I removed the lower chrome section from tach, then I moved the tach to head lite backing plate close as possible, Then I marked around the outline of the tach with a soap stone marker on the backing plate. Then I cut the outline out and stayed insde the line a 1/4 to a 3/8 of an inch. and trimmed accordingly to get a tight fit.I cut the metal plate out on the bottom of plastic where it bolts down.Now the tach should slide all the way down till the plastic lays on triple tree. Marked hole drilled installed stainless steel self tapping screws and looks factory. I polished heads of the screws looks better than factory. Here are some pictures I do not Have many on work computor. Good luck Bro.
Dam Guy

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DAM but what I want to do is remove all the Chrome from the Tach. I know the Rivco relocation kit calls for this but I just wanted to be sure that there is no problem with This. Thanks guys.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts