M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In the never ending quest for the "clean" look :super:, I thought I'd give the tach relocation mod a try. I was a bit apprehensive about doing it because I am only 5'7" and thought I might not be able to see the tach. I sunk the tach deep into the headlight cowl and I can still see all the lights :bigthumbsup:
I will say that it took longer than I thought it would to do this. I had a hard time getting everything packed back into the cowl. It probably took me 2.5 hours to do this mod :chillout:
I always thought the 109 kinda looked like it had 2 headlights or something with the stock tach location. Now the bike looks much cleaner and flows better. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Looks great......In fact your bike always looks great. Has it every been dirty? LOL!!!!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Looks nice,

can you show more pics of where exactly you put the tach it looks deeper in there that what has been shown in the how to portion of this site.

thanks
C

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
can you show more pics of where exactly you put the tach it looks deeper in there that what has been shown in the how to portion of this site.
C

It's raining right now and I have a 12 hour shift to work tomorrow. I will try to get more pics for you on Wednesday.

gotta agree bobby, just did mine this past weekend and i love it. badazz look and the added vision over the bars is an added plus. :bigthumbsup:
:agree: I wasn't really expecting that but it sure does open up my field of vision.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Looks good! I've been wanting to clean mine up for a while now, but I'm wanting to do bars with internal cables while I'm at it...and I can't decide on a set of bars.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Mod looks great Bobby.

Everyone should know that there's some kind of force field around Bobby's bike. We can all go out riding in dirt or rain or whatever and all of our bikes look dirty except for Bobby's. I'm not sure what it is. But whatever Bobby's doin he's doin it right.

Actually in truth, I know what most of it is. Bobby just works that hard on making his bike look the best. And I can tell you in person it does ..... every time out.

Congrats Bobby! You've got a great looking scoot. :bigthumbsup:

Jazz

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
That looks so good :bigthumbsup:. I saw the same mod on Local Boully's bike over the weekend, and it looks even better in person. Really cleans up the front end. Might have to add that to the list of mods....:D

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure what it is. But whatever Bobby's doin he's doin it right.
Bobby just works that hard on making his bike look the best. And I can tell you in person it does ..... every time out.
You've got a great looking scoot. :bigthumbsup:
Jazz
Thanks for the kind words, Kevin. I do try to take good care of my bike. I see it as being a good steward of what God has blessed me with. Not to metion that your bike and Lucky's are so modded out that I've got to do something to make mine look "presentable".

Bobby did you drill into trees? I really don't want to do that let me know
thanks Tommy
No. I did not want to do that either. I sunk mine deep into the headlight cowl. I did no drilling at all.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Those of you who've done the mod...do you notice more wind in your face / chest now? I've heard some folks say the tach provides a surprising amount of wind block.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.