M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone glad to be here. I should be getting my black 109 any day now but i was just wondering what color the lcd display lights up at night. is it blue or green.

·
Registered
814 Posts
It's neither blue nor green. Everything lights up different shades of amber.

Check it out. This is a short little video I took for some people who wanted to hear it, but you can see the tach and speedo cluster all lit up. Unfortunatly, the sound didn't come out well. It was in my garage and the camera speakers were too sensative. You mostly hear drivetrain noise but if you listen closely, you can hear the rumble.Â

Be patient. Takes a little while to load.

http://media.putfile.com/M4V00020

·
Registered
814 Posts
AB_Rider said:
Nice video! Did that say 24 miles on ODO?? :)
Yes it did. As of this weekend, I now have just over 500. Taking it in for post break-in service this upcoming wednesday.Â

I too had the trouble with the over filling. In fact, it's still spraying out a little bit from under the air filter. It's not leaking bad enough to drip to the ground. Only a little bit to leave a spray on the side. If I take more than a half hour ride, when I reach down for the key, it's coated in oil.

I hope to they fix it this time.Â

·
Registered
849 Posts
Bummer for all you guys whose dealer overfilled your oil on setup.
I got lucky with my dealer, and we did first service at 800 miles.  There were a few shavings around the bolts, but nothing unexpected with a new bike.
We did check exhaust pipe's earlier for tightness and they were fine.  If you're going to do your own oil change, definitely get the Suzi cap wrench.  Location makes getting the filter on and off a problem without one.  We didn't do the run the motor 15 minutes and cool, but did install exactly the amount the book called for so no problems.
Jerbear

1 - 6 of 6 Posts