M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Dave... You have been here 9 months. Use the search! Also check the link in my signature, it will answer all those pesky questions you have, that have been answered 100 times! Ride safe, and enjoy!:bigthumbsup:

By the way, it does not give you more HP, but it does make the throttle response better, and less choppy.

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,765 Posts
or you can buy my old one for $35 shipped to you!
I'll buy your old GI Pro for $35!! :bigthumbsup: :clap2:

Yeah, I KNOW...

·
Registered
480 Posts
go to trackdayelectronics.com and you can beat that and the GI Pro. I got the TRE with gear indicatior for 85 bucks shipped.

·
Radio Active Member
27,668 Posts
go to trackdayelectronics.com and you can beat that and the GI Pro. I got the TRE with gear indicatior for 85 bucks shipped.
That is a great deal. I try to support the site and leave it up to that person to price shop it, if they choose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
tre

save your money,tre's don't work.i had one on my bike and it made it run alot worse. i took it off and could'nt believe how much different my bike runs now! (more power) and could a tre really be safe to use? what about the long term effects on the engine itself? i challenge all riders that have the tre installed on their bikes to take their's off on the next ride out and see if you're bike does'nt run better without the tre. if it does'nt you can always put it back on. just a little experiment!

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,765 Posts
save your money,tre's don't work.i had one on my bike and it made it run alot worse. i took it off and could'nt believe how much different my bike runs now! (more power) and could a tre really be safe to use? what about the long term effects on the engine itself? i challenge all riders that have the tre installed on their bikes to take their's off on the next ride out and see if you're bike does'nt run better without the tre. if it does'nt you can always put it back on. just a little experiment!
Since all it does is remove the spark retard in the bottom gears, I'll pass on your experiment. I don't like the sluggishness in gears 1 & 2.
As far as long term effects, I highly doubt that changing the spark timing by a degree or two at low RPM is going to hurt a thing. If it is not pinging (and my bike doesn't ping) then it's not over-advanced.

Maybe yours was defective.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,861 Posts
You can turn the GiPro on and off, which I've done, and it definitely has better low speed response and power with it turned on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I just installed the GiPro a few weeks ago. Tremendous improvement at low speed.....runs very smooth like it should have from the factory. I wouldn't leave home with out it.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts