M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, getting ready to get the Metz 260 to replace the worn Dunlop. I thought i read somewhere on here :read: that you shouldn't mix tires, but my front still has a lot of life left in it. Should i switch the front at the same time to the metz? Is it a safety issue? any guidance appreciated :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
i can only tell you what my tech told me when i ordered my metz 260. he said that there's no reason to change the front tire if it's still good; going from 240 to 260 isn't big enough difference to act on the front. so, i'm takeing his advice and leaving the front alone and changeing the rear to a 260 ( if the :edit: thing will ever come in) starting to think i shoulda ordered from hal.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I got 4000 miles on my beast with the stock Dunnie in front from the start and the Metz260 rear for the last 1500 miles w no problemas and no big difference.
Go for it! Ride 'em cowboy!!  :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've put 2000+ miles on the rear Metz/stock front Dunlop setup. All I've noticed is the Metz seems to stick a little better on wet roads :bigthumbsup: The front is getting close, though. 10,000 miles is all I'm gonna get out of it (at 9,500 now).

·
Registered
161 Posts
My Warrior hasn't had matching tires on it since the 5k mile mark. 30k miles after that, and still not one problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lets see, If dunlop is supposed to be going on strike and metzlers are on back order until who know when, what do we do? Especially with oems not in stock.

Jus------------------------------------------ :redfaced:me.

G

·
JusMe said:
Lets see, If dunlop is supposed to be going on strike and metzlers are on back order until who know when, what do we do? Especially with oems not in stock.

Jus------------------------------------------ :redfaced:me.
Don't do any burnouts and you will make it thru.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Don't do any burnouts! LOL yea right like thats gonna be possible. 8)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts