M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I traded my 9 about a year ago for my Diavel. Just wanted to say for anyone that has thought about trading or getting rid of the 9.... don't.

I miss the 9. The Diavel is great, but doesn't give me the satisfaction that the 9 did. I wish there was some way I could have kept it when I got the Ducati.

Likely next month I'll sell the Ducati and not ride anymore. I've only put 1000 miles on it in a year. Just doesn't motivate me like the M109 or even the M90 did.

Just my opinion. Feel free to ask any questions about comparisons and such.

Maybe someday I'll get another 9. Will be hard to find the perfect one like I had though.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's suzuki in Kanji. I always liked how the Hayabusa had it and I had those made for the m90 and m109.

The Ducati is a beast. Still a V twin engine but feels real sporty and exotic compared to a true muscle bike like the 9.

· Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,735 Posts
Thanks for telling us that. I've thought many times about trying out one of those, but even though the performance is awesome I just couldn't see it replacing my 9.

· Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for telling us that. I've thought many times about trying out one of those, but even though the performance is awesome I just couldn't see it replacing my 9.
The main noticeable difference is in the handling. It was foreign to me being able to handle so well when I first got it. It is faster but the 9 has plenty of power for the street. I'd say if you lined them up light to light, short distance on the street they'd be pretty close with the Diavel in front. But if you really tested them legally where you have space you'd definitely see the Ducati walk away.
Seating position is more comfortable on the 9. In my opinion it sounds better than the Diavel too. 2 different bikes for sure. The Diavel is fun and gets attention. But I really think the 9 is the one to keep long term.

Reactions: Zoom

· Registered
303 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I had a M90 and loved that bike but unfortunately it was written off in an accident. I now have a M109 that I love. As I get older and closer to retirement I will probable eventually look at something that is more comfortable to ride on longer trips with my wife. I don't know what that will be though.

· Registered
445 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. I had a M90 and loved that bike but unfortunately it was written off in an accident. I now have a M109 that I love. As I get older and closer to retirement I will probable eventually look at something that is more comfortable to ride on longer trips with my wife. I don't know what that will be though.
That's why I bought my 9 , but my wife still prefers my RC51.

· Registered
445 Posts
The main noticeable difference is in the handling. It was foreign to me being able to handle so well when I first got it. It is faster but the 9 has plenty of power for the street. I'd say if you lined them up light to light, short distance on the street they'd be pretty close with the Diavel in front. But if you really tested them legally where you have space you'd definitely see the Ducati walk away.
Seating position is more comfortable on the 9. In my opinion it sounds better than the Diavel too. 2 different bikes for sure. The Diavel is fun and gets attention. But I really think the 9 is the one to keep long term.
The Diavel is just so ugly looking. I almost bought a V-Max 1700 before I bought my 9 , now one of my buddies just bought a V-Max , the 1700 is almost 200 HP.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts