M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to remove left switch housing (turn signal), removed both screws and it will seperate a little but not come apart, is there some thing I'm missing? Don't want to force it! Thanks...

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Only those two screws .... did you try ( gently ) with a flat screwdriver ? i removed mine last weekend, no problem .... so go easy and housing suppose to separate in two ... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
housing

Thanks for the replys, yes I did change grips and I thought about the glue, tried again last night and it still wont come apart. I did use a screwdriver and it will completely seperate all the way around about a 1/8" but something is def. holding it. I'll continue on and figure something out, thanks for the help, just wanted to be sure it was just the two screws.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
The bottom has a small tab that locates in a hole in the handlebar. It could be stuck in there a little. You would notice that if the top was trying to come off but the bottom is staying in place.

Definitely only two screws, I've had mine off a few times. There are a couple small nubs that index the two halves together, but I don't think they are even 1/8" long. If you have it apart that far you could see them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts