M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all....love this site and all M109's! I've had this 2006 model since new and treated it like a baby. No hot rodding and I haven't done any major mods to it other than "real fire" paint and some other cosmetic stuff. It's still the original "Burple" color with the real fire paint laid over top....it looks beautiful close up as you can see in the pics! The tires are good and it's only got 16,000 miles on it. I'm getting up in years and think it might be time to sell this to younger person to have fun with like I have. It's still a blast to ride and catches lots of eyeballs!

Anyone know what this bike might be worth these days? Here's some more detail if that helps:
  • Custom real-fire paint job
  • Custom real-fire LED lights in engine bay, inside front & rear fenders, under handle bars & headlight
  • Rifle brand windshield (removes easily with just 2 set screws)
  • Factory Suzuki gel seat with carbon fiber look
  • Factory Suzuki engine guards with custom flip out cruising pegs
  • Factory Suzuki wheels and exhaust pipes
  • Custom driver foot pegs
  • Custom passenger flip-up foot boards (wife demanded those...)
  • Cruise control (stainless steel throttle locking type)
  • Factory Suzuki luggage rack with tall backrest and Saddleman bag strapped on
  • Still have most, if not all the original Suzuki parts like tank and side-cover badges, handle grips, pegs, and rear Cowell cover if you want to make it a single seat racer again.
  • Also have canvas saddle bag set and handlebar strap set to go with it
Thanks for looking and any comments you might have!

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
1. Get it posted for sale as quick as possible. Not sure what state you are in, but up here in New England you will see prices decrease from now through winter as demand peaks in May.
2. Based on what I've seen I would think you could sell her for $5,000 in a few days, or ask for $7,500 and wait for the perfect buyer; someone that is planning on modifying their bike the way you have and is willing to pay for the accessories, paint, and A+ condition.

Just my guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. Get it posted for sale as quick as possible. Not sure what state you are in, but up here in New England you will see prices decrease from now through winter as demand peaks in May.
2. Based on what I've seen I would think you could sell her for $5,000 in a few days, or ask for $7,500 and wait for the perfect buyer; someone that is planning on modifying their bike the way you have and is willing to pay for the accessories, paint, and A+ condition.

Just my guess.
Thank you very much! Hoping to get much closer to that $7500 number if I can. The paint job alone would cost over $2000 all by itself at today's prices. Take care!

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
2 years ago $5000 - $6000 would have been about tops for a 2006 model.
But when you factor in Bidenflation $7000 - $7500 is not unreasonable to ask right now.
Finding that buyer may take a bit of time though. But you might get lucky and make a quick sale.

Love the paint job, if finances were not so tight now, I would be tempted to throw an offer out there.
What state are you in?

BCS
LGB/FJB

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,609 Posts
You've owned that beauty since 2006 and just now joined up? Great looking bike and looks to be well maintained. GLWS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2 years ago $5000 - $6000 would have been about tops for a 2006 model.
But when you factor in Bidenflation $7000 - $7500 is not unreasonable to ask right now.
Finding that buyer may take a bit of time though. But you might get lucky and make a quick sale.

Love the paint job, if finances were not so tight now, I would be tempted to throw an offer out there.
What state are you in?

BCS
LGB/FJB
Thanks for the response and great info! Totally agree on the inflation thing. It's crazy! I'm in Nebraska.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You've owned that beauty since 2006 and just now joined up? Great looking bike and looks to be well maintained. GLWS.
Thanks! I actually joined the site back when i bought the bike then faded away over the years when I stopped riding as much. Had to sign back up because I couldn't remember my login anymore.

·
Registered
842 Posts
That bike is a real show-stopper, especially in subdued light with the lit up parts. Gorgeous paint job. I am sure that the windshield is more effective than most, but personally I don't like the looks of it. I'd post photos with and without the windshield and with and without the seat cowl and sissy bar if possible.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That bike is a real show-stopper, especially in subdued light with the lit up parts. Gorgeous paint job. I am sure that the windshield is more effective than most, but personally I don't like the looks of it. I'd post photos with and without the windshield and with and without the seat cowl and sissy bar if possible.
Great info! Thanks for the tips. The windshield pops off in seconds but it takes a bit more to change the seats and sissy bar around. I still have the single seat cowell cover in the plastic wrapping it came in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts