M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dose any one got any feed back from suzuki company about the mod's took place at this forums and others on these bikes (( m109r / m90 )) are they proud of these products ????

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I think it is fairly obvious that some at suzuki do take notice of the mods we do to our bikes as they have started to incorporate them into future model designs. Ideas like the Tach relocation, gear indicator, painting the rear hub....

As for being proud of the product, unless you talk to the lead design engineer I doubt you will find anyone that would care about any bike. Sales #'s are what matter to them in the end.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
I think it is fairly obvious that some at suzuki do take notice of the mods we do to our bikes as they have started to incorporate them into future model designs. Ideas like the Tach relocation, gear indicator, painting the rear hub....

As for being proud of the product, unless you talk to the lead design engineer I doubt you will find anyone that would care about any bike. Sales #'s are what matter to them in the end.
:agree::agree:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
it is nice that they have looked into what we are doing with the bike and brought some of that to the new bikes.:bigthumbsup:

when scion started the design on the 2nd gen xB they got on the forum scionlife.com and had open thread about what would you change about your 1st gen xB. and they put a surprising amount of what was said into it.

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
:agree::agree: But it is sad ! Suzuki is all about the mighty dollar .........he!! who isnt now days !
It is a business/large corporation, there purpose is to make $$. If not they would just work under the United Way. :joke:

·
Radio Active Member
27,696 Posts
it is nice that they have looked into what we are doing with the bike and brought some of that to the new bikes.:bigthumbsup:

when scion started the design on the 2nd gen xB they got on the forum scionlife.com and had open thread about what would you change about your 1st gen xB. and they put a surprising amount of what was said into it.
This is like a big on going focus group for them.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It may not be Suzuki corporate, but I can tell you that my local dealers are proud of my bike.

The parts guys call me to talk to guys about mods the dealership is not alowed to recomend or instruct on. They have me bring my bike by and it helps them sell parts. Even one sales guy invites me by when he has someone that is looking at a stock bike but needs that push of what the bike could be.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
I was at the local dealers open house last weekend and they had a Suzuki trailer there. Not sure what they had in it, but they had several new bikes parked in front. The two guys that were sitting under a tent in front of the trailer were paying a lot of attention to all the bikes there, and even took walks and looked at the customer's bikes closely (taking notes) when they weren't answering questions. There were several modified 109's there and I know they looked at most of them. I think they pay attention to what we do, they just don't acknowledge it. And God forbid if they publicly addressed any of the issues we've had with trannys and such.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It may not be Suzuki corporate, but I can tell you that my local dealers are proud of my bike.

The parts guys call me to talk to guys about mods the dealership is not alowed to recomend or instruct on. They have me bring my bike by and it helps them sell parts. Even one sales guy invites me by when he has someone that is looking at a stock bike but needs that push of what the bike could be.
so a guy like you and all other members in this forum are they making a free advertisement for suzuki if so this issue shouldn't be considered by suzuki :dontknow: i could be wrong .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts