M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, first off I have tried the search button.... Now to the question.
I've got both a Suzuki touring shield, and a Rifle Soloshield...
I've never used either, and now am goin on a 1000 mile trip this weekend, and wanted to use one. I installed the rifle, and I seem to like it. The only problem I have with it is mine is cracked. I've fixed the crack with the M.E.K. trick, and I assume its not going to go further. I don't like all the flex the Rifle has though, and I worry about it hitting my helmet shroud...
I love how solid the Suzuki one is, but I get a horrible buffeting in my helmet with it. It really isn't very adjustable, and I'm wondering if anyone else has this, and what have they done? I'm 5'11 and wear an Arai full face helmet. I've heard that different helmets buffet less than others, but I'm not ready to give up my Arai quite yet... Any suggestions, or do I just sell the Suzuki and roll with the Rifle???

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Are you saying the actual rifle solo-shield flex's so much it hits your helmet?
How close are you sitting to the shield.
I would fix the rifle and roll with that one. Nothing more aggravating than buffeting on a long trip.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, the shield flexed so much it wants to hit the headlight shroud, and I don't want to worry about that getting scratched the whole trip.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4g using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Adjust the solo away from the headlight so it cant touch it during speed and roll solo style:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have riser on my bars and I put my Rifle behind the headlight shroud. I also pushed it down as low as I could. I don'd like looking through the windshield.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have riser on my bars and I put my Rifle behind the headlight shroud. I also pushed it down as low as I could. I don'd like looking through the windshield.
I relocated my tach, and it doesn't seem to allow me to move the Rifle behind the headlight... If anyone else has done this, please let me know since I can't move it behind there far enough to really lower the shield enough.
:dontknow:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have the Suzuki screen and had the same problem with buffeting, untill I raised the bottom of the screen higher off the head light. The screen is great now, wouldn't be without it.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the Suzuki screen and had the same problem with buffeting, untill I raised the bottom of the screen higher off the head light. The screen is great now, wouldn't be without it.
So its angling more down in the rear then??? Up in the front? Hmmmm, More wind in your eyes then?

There just doesn't seem to be much adjustment with the shield at all, just kind of sits there and then I tighten it up...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts