M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a Suzuki tank Cover which looks good that i would like to have. Is there anyone out there whom have one installed? Would like to know the installation process if possible. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
788 Posts
It is a simple installaion. The instructions come with the cover. The steps are as follows. The cover has elastic bands and plastic clips. You can remove the chrome housing on the tank if you want but you shouldn't have to. It would make it a little easier to stretch over the tank if you remove the housing. All you have to do is remove the the bolt that holds the housing on ( If you are leaving the housing on do this after you stretch the cover over it. . You stretch the bands over the front of the tank and pull the whole cover onto the tank to the back of the tank. Place the cover in place and place the plastic clips under the tank lip. The front part of the cover goes under the housing and replace the bolt. That is it.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is a simple installaion. The instructions come with the cover. The steps are as follows. The cover has elastic bands and plastic clips. You can remove the chrome housing on the tank if you want but you shouldn't have to. It would make it a little easier to stretch over the tank if you remove the housing. All you have to do is remove the the bolt that holds the housing on ( If you are leaving the housing on do this after you stretch the cover over it. . You stretch the bands over the front of the tank and pull the whole cover onto the tank to the back of the tank. Place the cover in place and place the plastic clips under the tank lip. The front part of the cover goes under the housing and replace the bolt. That is it.
Thanks for the detailed descriptions to amvince.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The cover will scratch your paint after a while. Use with caution. I've had one on my tank now for a few years and it WILL scratch the soft paint. When I finally do replace it, I'll be putting 3M paint protective film under it to protect the areas where it touches the paint.

Note: The problem is not the cover but more the contaminants that get under it just from normal riding. If you rub something with your finger, eventually it will cause a spot in the paint. Same issue with pollen, dirt, etc etc

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The cover will scratch your paint after a while. Use with caution. I've had one on my tank now for a few years and it WILL scratch the soft paint. When I finally do replace it, I'll be putting 3M paint protective film under it to protect the areas where it touches the paint.

Note: The problem is not the cover but more the contaminants that get under it just from normal riding. If you rub something with your finger, eventually it will cause a spot in the paint. Same issue with pollen, dirt, etc etc
Now that could pose a problem. The reason i am thinking of the tank cover is that i am using a magnetic tank bag. As I am afraid that i will scratch it, I am putting a piece of towel to protect it but it is a hassle as it keeps falling off every time I remove the bag.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Delmustator is correct about the scratching. I have had one on for a while. I will raise it from the bottom ( plastic clips hold it down from the bottom ) every once in a while & put a coat of wax on the tank just to protect the finish. Have not had any problems with scratching yet.
Another thing to be careful is if you get caught out in the rain, raise the cover from the bottom like I stated earlier. If you do not let it dry, the clear coat under the cover will turn milky and can be damaged.

·
Registered
434 Posts
SNAKE ON THE TANK

When I had my seats done in grey snake skin I had the tank bra done also. The three pieces look great, also had the Gel added to both of the seats. LOL :bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.