M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the latest add-ons to my Burple 109...hope you'all like...

Carbon Fibre frame trim

Suzuki small backrest..assorted shots

The mount spacers

M109R chrome flame engine cover

Chrome driveshaft cover

and Chrome rear caliper cover from Kuryakyn

Hope you like my add-ons. Love the look they've added to my most valued possession...!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Looks great man! I have the same backrest, but its a pain to put on and off, I really wish Suzuki would of made a fast removal one.. but oh well. I think your mods look awesome, I am still waiting my engine cover.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fatone said:
:dontknow: WHERE DID YOU GET THE BACK SEAT?? :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:
That's the back seat supplied by Suzuki with all of their replacement seats. Mine is the carbon fibre look. For $299 it's my favorite upgrade. The seat is unbelievably comfortable and it comes with both driver and passenger seat with the M109R logo on the back of the passenger seat. Must have add-on in my opinion.

·
Registered
267 Posts
That backrest looks pretty big for the "small" version and the mounts are very intrusive and disappointing. I had an '88 Honda and the accessoiries were better designed than these. I'm not bashing your selections, just frustrated with Suzuki.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I hate the side mount plates too. I cant wait to get the Jardine version (January now posted in another thread)
I am not sure the sides will look any better but it is a quick release...
Hmm, now that I think about it I really don't need the quick release, I like the look and will probably leave it on.
At least the Jardine is still cheaper i believe...

Sledzep

·
Registered
192 Posts
Your back rest looks great, I am still waiting for mine since April. Should be here in another 10 days . Hope it is comfortable for the wife. I think maybe if you had a Rifle screen,your bike would appear better balanced front to rear. Still looks to be good chrome.
Love my Burple

/img]

Cheers Phil

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks good.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the comments. I mainly got the backrest for my girl. She would not ride with me without it but after installing it (and by the way I'm not real happy with the looks of the mount either) I think it looks pretty cool.

Coriman, I agree with you about the windshield and will probably get one soon. I think that Rifle is the best looking one yet and from what you've posted it works and doesn't cause too much buffeting. Is that right?

Bob

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yep the Rifle is tops, as our Summer is approaching I ride with a half face, (Full face for winter)
I ride through some swamp country sometimes and the insects are out to get you. No problem with the rifle on even without shades. Cruising up to 160 kph no buffeting. The occaisional burst over 200Kph and its much easier to hang on. Hope I get my backrest this week so my wife will ride with me too.
Cheers from down under
Phil

·
Registered
67 Posts
brbluetele said:
Thanks for all the comments. I mainly got the backrest for my girl. She would not ride with me without it but after installing it (and by the way I'm not real happy with the looks of the mount either) I think it looks pretty cool.

Coriman, I agree with you about the windshield and will probably get one soon. I think that Rifle is the best looking one yet and from what you've posted it works and doesn't cause too much buffeting. Is that right?

Bob
Yep... Get the Rifle... It's a great shield. No buffeting I've seen yet... Tested to 130 MPH... One solid set of mounting hardware!
Stays where you place it. I've put mine at more angle than most would and you can find a pic in the Colorado section (11 23 ride I think)

Ride Safe

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Colorado_Ed said:
Yep... Get the Rifle... It's a great shield. No buffeting I've seen yet... Tested to 130 MPH... One solid set of mounting hardware!
Stays where you place it.  I've put mine at more angle than most would and you can find a pic in the Colorado section (11 23 ride I think)

Ride Safe
Checked it out and man that's nice. Gotta get one for the cold rides. How much did you pay?

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Do you have a picture of someone sitting on the back with you Id like to see where the back rest touches a persons back. I don't know what size would be best for the selection of passengers I have waiting to go for a ride. Could you also post the hight of you passenger this would help me out allot. Thanks

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
At first I didn't think I liked my suzuki touring wndshld (the bigger xpnsv -$349 one).After 250+ miles, I think it looks very integrated with the 109's style.Also,& unbelivably, beside making 60 mph+(110 top so far) comfortable, I swear the bike HANDLES better. Would now reccomend!  ::) :bigthumbsup: I meant to ask, how does your girl like the backrest?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Got my black '07 10-5-06.Finally got my Suzi small backrest in & put it on tonight.It looks BETTER 'in person'.Can't wait to see wifes ridin' reaction,she likes the look.Thanks for your pics & PM info,brbluetele! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
zookmon said:
At first I didn't think I liked my suzuki touring wndshld (the bigger xpnsv -$349 one).After 250+ miles, I think it looks very integrated with the 109's style.Also,& unbelivably, beside making 60 mph+(110 top so far) comfortable, I swear the bike HANDLES better. Would now reccomend! ::) :bigthumbsup:I meant to ask, how does your girl like the backrest?
She likes it a lot. Makes her feel secure on the bike. She still punches me when I crank on it a little and says, "You don't need to show me the power this bike has. I can feel it just fine when you drive normally." LOL. My daughter likes it a lot, too. She did just fine without it but it was like riding with a backpack on. She hugged onto me (she's 14). Now she has allowed herself to sit back and enjoy a bit more. She eggs me to juice it now, too. All in all, I like the look of the bike better without the backrest and the pillon installed but the look with it isn't too bad.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Where did you get the luggage rack for the backrest. I have the same backrest and I would like to add the rack as well.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts