M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was considering the warrior or the M109 for a while, the information on this forum and a second test drive was all it took. Last night there was a new black M109 in the garage.

Thank you Lamonster for creating this board in time to help me make the RIGHT decision. Just shy of 100 miles, and loving every minute. At 6'5" and 300+ lbs. This is the first bike I've felt comfortable on. Need advice on how to change the angle of the rear brake lever. I can't get too much of my boot on the peg.

What is the REAL break in period?

I'm also looking for more info. on the 240 to 300 tire swap. Details on what is required.

Thanks again for all the great information.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Welcome, glad you decided on the 109. 8)

The fat tire kit will come in at least two versions but a 280mm will be a direct bolt up without any mods to the swingarm or fender. The 300 is going to take some work on the swingarm for sure and it's going to be real close on the fender. ::) We are also going to be looking at a new swingarm with a 330 on the rear but for now the 280 is going to be your best bet. Give us time to do the testing and we will let you know when we have a kit ready to go.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Congrats Ryan! This website helped me make the decision as well! Just picked mine up a few hours ago and waiting to break out from work so I can RIDE!! :evil: :evil:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
congrats on the bike, you picked the fastest color btw :p. about the rear break foot pedal, there's already a thread on it somewhere, so you can do a search. basically just take the spring off, loosen the bolt all the way, eye where it is, pull it off, put it back on 1 notch lower, and tighten it back up.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ryan,

The brake pedal is mounted on a splined shaft. Very easy to adjust, tho you might want to have a spring pulling tool to reset the spring once you get the pedal in the right location. I dropped my pedal about 3/4" and it has made a big difference in my comfort on the bike. BTW, 6'4 230

1 - 6 of 6 Posts