M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
CALLED SUZUKI YESTERDAY ABOUT THE SPANNER WRENCH BEING LEFT OUT OF MY TOOL KIT. THEY TOLD ME THEY SENT YOU A NOTICE TO ALL THE DEALERSHIPS TELLING THEM TO MARK THIS OUT OF THE MANUAL. THIS WAS APRIL 28TH, 2006. BOTTOM LINES IS IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR BIKE AFTER APRIL 28TH, YOU GET NO FREE SPANNER WRENCH. SINCE I BOUGHT MY M109 JULY 7TH, YOU GUESSED IT, NO FREE WRENCH. I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO BREAK DOWN AND SPEND THE $25 AND BUY IT MYSELF.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Same here July 1, they told me the same thing and its more than $5.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmmm. Bought mine May 23rd. Free spanner wrench came in two weeks ago.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think $35

·
Registered
721 Posts
I asked for mine in May... Though they say I am on the list, I still have no wrench !!! :verymad: :verymad: :swear: :realmad:

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've had so many 'zukis over the years and I've always kept the tool pouch, I've thrown away tons of spanner wrenches. Never needed them. I like the factory setting on the M109R. No big deal for me.

mania

·
Registered
752 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
well isn't that SPECIAL, They can't seem to get the messageout to the dealers about overfilling the oil or tightening the damn hose clamps up between the heads but are right ontop of not giving out a 3 frickin' dollar wrench.
I know your watching this board suzuki, and these customers can make or break your sales on this bike, you might wanna keep 'em happy!!!!!!!! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:
They don't care. We already bought the bikes. Game over, we loose.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ppridgen1 Whats with the hose clamps, haven't heard that one ?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Nevermind did a search. going to check mone out, noticed a drop the other day.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Bought mine back in March, called Zuki and they told me they were sending me the wrench...3months later...no wrench..oh well

G

·
Can someone tell me what size this wrench is or a brand or part # to buy. I have seen the one that Suzuki has shipped and if i am going to buy one, I would most likely buy a decent one. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
164 Posts
LeeDowney said:
CALLED SUZUKI YESTERDAY ABOUT THE SPANNER WRENCH BEING LEFT OUT OF MY TOOL KIT. THEY TOLD ME THEY SENT YOU A NOTICE TO ALL THE DEALERSHIPS TELLING THEM TO MARK THIS OUT OF THE MANUAL. THIS WAS APRIL 28TH, 2006. BOTTOM LINES IS IF YOU BOUGHT YOUR BIKE AFTER APRIL 28TH, YOU GET NO FREE SPANNER WRENCH. SINCE I BOUGHT MY M109 JULY 7TH, YOU GUESSED IT, NO FREE WRENCH. I GUESS I WILL HAVE TO BREAK DOWN AND SPEND THE $25 AND BUY IT MYSELF.
Not sure who you talked to but I called Suzuki America in June and I got my wrench last week. Super nice guy, I bought my bike in May.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I bought my bike at the beginning of July, when I found out the spanner wrench (and allen wrench to take the rear cowl off) was missing, I called my dealer (Tucson Motorsports) and complained. The manager said since the owners manual with my 109 hadn't been changed yet and it showed the wrench was included - he would send me one at no cost along with the allen wrench for the rear seat.

I think a $12,500 motorcycle ought to include at least the tools needed to make adjustments on the suspension and take the rear cowl off since the rear seat is included with the bike, kind of mickey mouse to skimp on such minor tools! Anyhow I should have mine soon and Sean (manager) at Tucson Motorsports in Tucson Arizona is a upfront guy!

EFE M109

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
EFE M109 said:
I think a $12,500 motorcycle ought to include at least the tools needed to make adjustments on the suspension and take the rear cowl off since the rear seat is included with the bike, kind of mickey mouse to skimp on such minor tools! Anyhow I should have mine soon and Sean (manager) at Tucson Motorsports in Tucson Arizona is a upfront guy!

EFE M109
I agree with you on this point. I called sometime in May & received a wrench in about 2 weeks. :doorag:

·
Registered
234 Posts
bought my bike in June an they sent my wrench last week free now if they will send the jacket :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts