M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John actually brought this to my attention but he thought it was in August but it's actually in September so I thought I would pull it up and check into it a little. Suzuki Owners Club is having a Rally in Helen Sept. 19-26. I'm not sure if anyone would be interested but figured I would post the details just in case. I know I cannot go for the entire time but I would consider going up for a day and checking things out. Be prepared though, if it is a successful event it will be a mad house getting in and out of that place. Maybe we could get a group ride up and crash the party with some of the finest 9's in the country!! My only hang up right now is my Anniversary on the 27th but as of right now I've got nothing planned to interfere with a day trip. :bigthumbsup:

Here is a link for the weekly schedule. We may have to go in and revise some of their routes there are some key roads in GA not even touched like 60 and they bypassed 28 through Highlands and up to Franklin, they routed next to it down 441 but not through the prettiest parts. :dontknow:

http://www.suzukiownersclub.org/usa/events/_rally_schedule_GA.asp

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey Lucky :agree:thats looks like fun Ill also keep my eyes on this, but yes it would be nice to get some 9's in there .Hope we can get some riders together for this event. Same here I would be able to do 1 day only, lets keep in touch.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Lucky :agree:thats looks like fun Ill also keep my eyes on this, but yes it would be nice to get some 9's in there .Hope we can get some riders together for this event. Same here I would be able to do 1 day only, lets keep in touch.:bigthumbsup:
:bigthumbsup: Did you get your bike back from paint yet?

·
Registered
245 Posts
:bigthumbsup:Yes I did looks great and I have been riding it since then, my wife says i'm like a kid with a new toy and I agree. Im just trying to get the hang of the shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Im doing some homework in the forum to find ways to smoothen the shifting.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:bigthumbsup:Yes I did looks great and I have been riding it since then, my wife says i'm like a kid with a new toy and I agree. Im just trying to get the hang of the shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. Im doing some homework in the forum to find ways to smoothen the shifting.
You can change out the stock shift star to the Factory Pro EVO Shift Star. That will help some and you can always Preload the shifter before the actually shift. Other than that you've got the basic maintenance stuff as in proper amount of oil, the bike is extremely sensitive and when the oil gets to low you can tell a difference in how the bike shifts. Another thing is making sure all top and bottom linkage is properly adjusted. Other areas to pursue is changing the stock cable to a Barnett cable and re-routing the cable differently than how it was from the factory. :bigthumbsup:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=8305&str=290

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm 50/50 about it because your 100% correct it will be a madhouse on the weekend days at least. I might be more in favor of taking a Friday off work and going up then when maybe it's not as bad.

I'd love to ride up there with a nice group of 9's for sure. I'm not big into the whole hanging out all day type thing but it would be cool for a few hours then go riding in the mountains AWAY FROM HELEN! :doorag:

My birthday is the 26th. I don't even know how old I am anymore so it doesn't really make a difference. ;)

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm 50/50 about it because your 100% correct it will be a madhouse on the weekend days at least. I might be more in favor of taking a Friday off work and going up then when maybe it's not as bad.

I'd love to ride up there with a nice group of 9's for sure. I'm not big into the whole hanging out all day type thing but it would be cool for a few hours then go riding in the mountains AWAY FROM HELEN! :doorag:

My birthday is the 26th. I don't even know how old I am anymore so it doesn't really make a difference. ;)
:agree: I know the weekend would be better for most to go up but I feel the same way. Helen on the weekend on a normal weekend day can be a PIA to get in and out but add this to the mix and we've got a disaster!! I don't care to go on the rides with them either but I was thinking more of a pop in check things out a bit and pop out but if we get there during their planned ride it may be less crowded. We'll see what happens!! :dontknow:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Lucky, thanks for posting. I think I may go on Friday the 24th. I will have to be back home no later than 3pm. Based on the route, once the group gets to Blairsville, I would plan on heading back to Cumming. Let me know if anyone wants to go on the 24th and we can about meeting somewhere and riding up.

Paul

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
The only day I'm off that week is the 22nd (Wednesday). I'd be up for a mid-week ride! :bigthumbsup::doorag:

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lucky, thanks for posting. I think I may go on Friday the 24th. I will have to be back home no later than 3pm. Based on the route, once the group gets to Blairsville, I would plan on heading back to Cumming. Let me know if anyone wants to go on the 24th and we can about meeting somewhere and riding up.

Paul
The only day I'm off that week is the 22nd (Wednesday). I'd be up for a mid-week ride! :bigthumbsup::doorag:
I am open for a mid week ride as well ! weekend too :)
Just wanted to make sure you guys understood that it is in September not August!! I wasn't sure if I made that clear in the original post. When John and I were talking he originally thought it was in August but when I went to the website I found out it's scheduled for Sept. 19-26. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can change out the stock shift star to the Factory Pro EVO Shift Star. That will help some and you can always Preload the shifter before the actually shift. Other than that you've got the basic maintenance stuff as in proper amount of oil, the bike is extremely sensitive and when the oil gets to low you can tell a difference in how the bike shifts. Another thing is making sure all top and bottom linkage is properly adjusted. Other areas to pursue is changing the stock cable to a Barnett cable and re-routing the cable differently than how it was from the factory. :bigthumbsup:

http://www.directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=8305&str=290
:bigthumbsup:Thx Lucky06 for that info already started looking into it, but came across this :

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89387

let me know what you think.???

·
Registered
735 Posts
:bigthumbsup:Thx Lucky06 for that info already started looking into it, but came across this :

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89387

let me know what you think.???
Just wait til you are ready to change the oil, t do the shift starchange. its pretty straight forward though. It wll coe with a yellow intructions sheet, and link you to Big Papa's M109 tutorial for the install.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
If it were me, I'd get the Shift Kit (Factory Pro). It comes with a stronger spring AND a new star (smaller). The link you posted basically tells you to go in and bend the spring to make it have more tension on it. The new spring AND new star together makes more sense to me.

It's not a hard install. Just take your time and you'll be fine. I did mine over a year ago and haven't missed a shift since.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I would prefer a Friday ride, but the weekend might be ok as long as the temp isn't in the 100's. I hate getting stuck in seriously long traffic jams when it's that hot.

·
Registered
245 Posts
If it were me, I'd get the Shift Kit (Factory Pro). It comes with a stronger spring AND a new star (smaller). The link you posted basically tells you to go in and bend the spring to make it have more tension on it. The new spring AND new star together makes more sense to me.

It's not a hard install. Just take your time and you'll be fine. I did mine over a year ago and haven't missed a shift since.
:agree: thx for the input and Ill take ur advice also bad news just sold the Gixxer yesterday:'( I was soo sad about it I went to Hooters with friends then took a 60 miles drive last night up and down I85, I985 and 316 highway just to unload..hihihihih:joke:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts