M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:nojoke:First I bought what look to be a china made import off ebay from
evsman listed as Suzuki M109R Deluxe Backrest /Sissy bar Set for something like $350 and within 3 or 4 months it had started to Rust all over . what look to be chrome plated on only what parts of it that could be seen. with no plating at all on the under side at all (JUNK ) Then I Spent almost $500 for the complete Suzuki M109R M109 Passenger Backrest Touring Studded package with the back rest luggage rack side brackets the complete touring setup OME From a Suzuki Dealer It look Great until about 6 months later I started seeing little bubbles popping up on the one side plate and then the chrome started to peeling off the a few months later the luggage rack started to peel the sissy bar and back plate on back rest and the right side plate showed no signs of bubbles or peeling , I have had it about a year and it looks as it come off a bike that has been sitting on the beach for a year without being moved, Am I the only person that had this problem with this This Suzuki Touring style sissy bar side plates and luggage rack. I'm 30 miles from the ocean and can under stand the just I bought off ebay the look like something someone sprayed something that just look like Chrome But not the OEM Suzuki setup that cost me almost $500 for. keep in mind the one side plate and the sissy bar itself has no rust at all on it . I will post photos

http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q404/buddybass/P1010342.jpg"
http://s350.photobucket.com/albums/q404/buddybass/?action=view&current=P1010341.jpg"

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,434 Posts
I'm sorry to hear that bro, that's a lot of money for something that goes bad so quickly.

The only time I've seen anyone mention chrome pealing has been on some of the early Cobra back rests. Some of them were too thin and bent too. But I've never heard of an issue with the OEM back rests or luggage racks.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
First let me say that some of your initial post was a little difficult to read. ;) At any rate I too am sorry to hear of your misfortune. I could understand a "knock-off" being made of poor quality but never have I heard of such issues with a Suzuki factory product!!! Shame...:confused:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
BACKREST

Something isn't right with either of these backrest - the first one from Ebay was probrably some cheap chinese knockoff, but the OEM one is a real question - First, the oem backrest and brackets is polished billet and can't bubble or peal, if you have pealing - take it back and find out what the dealer is going to do for you.....Second, WTF are you thinking with studs on a M109????

My Oem unit is 3 years old still looks like the day I took it out of the packaging......

good luck
Godzuki

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was a early Cobra 07

It was a early Cobra Brand 07 off ebay
Thanks Bro
I'm sorry to hear that bro, that's a lot of money for something that goes bad so quickly.

The only time I've seen anyone mention chrome pealing has been on some of the early Cobra back rests. Some of them were too thin and bent too. But I've never heard of an issue with the OEM back rests or luggage racks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
First let me say that some of your initial post was a little difficult to read. ;) At any rate I too am sorry to hear of your misfortune. I could understand a "knock-off" being made of poor quality but never have I heard of such issues with a Suzuki factory product!!! Shame...:confused:
I also have an OEM hat the Chrome is flaking off and bubbling. you'd expect better rom Factory Product. was quoted $250-$300 to get replated. I will buy an afterrmarket next time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.