M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, my dad just bought a 2002 1500 Intruder on Monday. He loves my 9, but just didn't have the funds to pull the trigger on one, so he got something he liked within his budget. I tell him about this forum all the time, and I was wondering if there is a good one out there for his bike. I found intruderalert.com, but wasn't that impressed with the content. I figured that there are probably some members here that have one of these bikes, or have had one in the past....if you know of a good forum let me know. Also, any previous/current owners...what is your opinion on these bikes? I have heard some good and some bad, but would like some opinions. I'll put a pic up in a bit.

·
Radio Active Member
27,670 Posts
:dontknow::dontknow: This is a one of a kind forum. I have never stumbled across one like this one before.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,877 Posts
intruderalert is probably the best one out there for a general Suzuki forum. They even have a M109/C109 board, and one for just about any Intruder or Boulevard out there. Several folks on here are on there too.

You also have MIG, or Marauder Intruder Group forums. They are pretty good too.

http://www.migcruisers.com/

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
I owned a 2002 intruder for about a year until I purchased the nine. It was a very dependable and comfortable bike. Got a lot of acceptance from the harley guys. I never got into any of the forums since I mostly rode with my harley friends. Now they don't ride with me since they can't keep up:evil:. It felt kind of weak after coming off a sport bike, but it was great as a cruiser. The tank is kind of small at only 3.7 gallons, but at 150 miles, I always needed a break anyway.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Intruderalert.com is probably the best forum you will find for info on the 1500. The tech guys there know their stuff, and are good guys that are always willing to help.
Besides my 9 I still have my 02' 1400 intruder and go to the tech board there a lot.

If your dad wants to wake up that LC tell him to check out the stage 3 kit from GMan Industries http://gmanindustries.com/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=67 it will be the best $120 he will spend on performance for that bike. I installed one on a friends 00' LC with some pipes. Man did it make a difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1500LC

I still own my 2K 1500LC. In my opinion, the best forum for that bike is http://rlc.riderparts.com/ Since its not a new bike, you will find a lot of information here to help you. A lot of related web-pages and good/bad experiences info.
Based on my experience I can tell you that the bike is dependable but has some electrical problems.
1. Use original suzuki stator. Any aftermarket one will burn in a hurry.
2. Keep oil just a little over the full level. Stator is cooled (splashed) by the engine oil and if not at full the stator will burn at 12o`clok possition.
3. Take the R/R out of its original possition (left side of engine) and reposition it in front of the battery. (You will find instructions on how to do it on the recomended forum)
4. Bike use wet clutch as well so be carefull on your oil choise. Many recommend the Shell Rotella-T. But I use Castrol -GPS. (AMSOIL is a good choise too)
5. The decompresion cable needs to be adjusted properly. If not you will have starting problems.
6. Finally, the starter fuse holder can melt with no apparent reason. Its recommended to change it. (Also can find the how to at the forum)

Well, that`s it. I know members of that forum that owns a bike with more than 200k miles and the engine still pulls strong. (Strong as new I mean..jajaja)

Hope this help you.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
i have been on different forums for the better part of 10-11 years, dam near the beginning of forums (i think) and this is hands down the best forum that i have ever been apart of. yeah they do a little ribbin here and there but they are all here to help each other. i hope that you can find the same for him.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot for the info guys....I'm sure my Dad will appreciate it. The more I am on this forum, the more I realize that the others are not even close to the same. My brother has a warrior, and is on rswarrior quite a bit....just doesn't have the brotherhood aspect like this one has. If anyone has anymore info on this bike my Dad would love your opinions. Thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts