M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Adventure Motorsports in Monroe Washington has told me that there is a service bulletin out to repair the clutch shudder issue.
Ryan the service manager has ordered the new wave washer and seat to replace the old design.
Guys, this dealership so far has been top notch,first class,and best all around in this region! I have been dealing with three other local shops and have been only frustrated till I found Adventure Motorsports. This shop was recomended to me by other bikers but I took my time going there because of the distance. Now I recomend them to ALL you guys in the Pacific Northwest region!!
I will keep you posted...

:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
is this a free repair ?

what years ?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good question.
I am under an extended waranty till August. I will ask them how Suzuki will deal with the other 109s out of waranty.
More later...

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
really need to know my warranty is out in 15 days.
I took mine into the shop because my waranty is out soon.
I rode it in for them to check it out and rode away so to still have my bike while waiting for parts to arive.
After they touched my bike I was told they will "cover it even after the waranty is over since it takes time to get parts". (some are in now)

I recomend you go now!

My bike was in another shop last year for six weeks waiting for parts and I`m not doing that again.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I think if it ends up a recall then all bikes are covered. I'm good till 5/1/12

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Good info, that is something I will call about to see if my local Zuki dealer will take care of any problems. I haven't had a single problem yet, but if something does come up it is nice to know that they will take care of it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
please do post up if you hear of suzuki covering all 109,s im not under warrantee a free fix would be great. :clap2:

·
Registered
349 Posts
I took mine into the shop because my waranty is out soon.
I rode it in for them to check it out and rode away so to still have my bike while waiting for parts to arive.
After they touched my bike I was told they will "cover it even after the waranty is over since it takes time to get parts". (some are in now)

I recomend you go now!

My bike was in another shop last year for six weeks waiting for parts and I`m not doing that again.
bullrider

If you can, post up a copy of that service bulletin that info would be very helpful.
:clap2:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think if it ends up a recall then all bikes are covered. I'm good till 5/1/12
I don`t believe this will ever bocome a "recall" but a case by case deal. I gave them a print out of a thread from a UK 109 owner that reported his replacement.
That seemed to help the push.
I will try to get a copy of the service bulletin

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Well done Jason :bigthumbsup:

great job

·
Registered
918 Posts
Mine has been at the dealership for a month pending a fix. Matison's in Raleigh NC has been pushing Zuk corporate for a fix the whole time. I was told by the service manager that it's definitely a "design flaw" and they don't want one of their bikes on the road with a problem like that. If this TSB was recent, I'll call them tomorrow and see what the deal is. I've got another bike to ride in the meantime so I'm not suffering . . .

Thanx for posting!

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Count me in for a trip to Madisons once they get through experimenting on yours:D:joke:. I am covered until April 2012 on my 06, but I don't want to wait until the last minute.

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Glad to hear they have come up with a 'fix' ,,but i am wondering which Wave washer and seat they are replacing , ?

Keep us updated :pop:

1 - 20 of 99 Posts