M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just on the phone with Champion Sidecars, who make excellent quality hard bags for a variety of bikes. Suzuki has just ordered their OEM hard bags from Champion and it should hit dealers in 60 days (Aug 1st) according to my source. He did not know the price points, but you can view the Guardian Hardbag at: http://www.championsidecars.com/hardbags/getBag.aspx?b=8

He said the bag will come with key locks, be a bit wider and designed just for the M109R with custom mounting brackets. Note - the Guardian bags are shallow enough to clear the stock pipes. The advantage is (a) matching color to the bike, (b) designed just for the M109R; (c) available bag liners, and (d) excellent quality.

I'm placing my order with my dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
M109LOVER said:
Iam sorry guys, I truly would rather run myself off a cliff before putting any of those fugly,----and i mean FUGLY---- looking hard bags on a 109, this is a SOLO bike, get a Kawi nomad if you want hard bags.

Sheeeeeesh
Though I share your sentiments regarding hard bags, this is a "to each their own" sort of situation. Just because you or I don't like them for our bikes doesn't mean we should knock them if others choose to buy them... Besides, $1800 is a lot of jack just for saddle bags IMHO.

G

·
M109LOVER said:
Iam sorry guys, I truly would rather run myself off a cliff before putting any of those fugly,----and i mean FUGLY---- looking hard bags on a 109, this is a SOLO bike, get a Kawi nomad if you want hard bags.

Sheeeeeesh
Cracks me up... "Wow I like the 109 but I like lockable storage at times so... well I better get another bike and not modify this one as its not to be modified."

to each is own dude. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
dynamos- I think what he was trying to say was if you want a bagger then buy one, instead of trying turn a bike that isn't one, into it.
analogy- I think I'll buy a Ferrari, but I really like to go off road so I'll rip out all the suspension and install 4WD and big mudders

work smarter, not harder

·
Registered
214 Posts
M109LOVER said:

Sheeeeeesh
:bigthumbsup: :doorag:

G

·
BlkM109r said:
dynamos- I think what he was trying to say was if you want a bagger then buy one, instead of trying turn a bike that isn't one, into it.
analogy- I think I'll buy a Ferrari, but I really like to go off road so I'll rip out all the suspension and install 4WD and big mudders

work smarter, not harder
good analogy... ferrari offroad and hauling stuff on a frickin motorcycle. :joke: :joke: :joke:

granted I wouldn't buy em (even if the price was better, notice the exposed bracket? cheesy) but this whole "why did you get..." stuff is sad in my opinion. Someone puts nitrous on their bike and we are all about some OHHHHH that is so neat!!!! How about someone coming up and posting "Thats stupid, for how much money?? If you wanted fast why didn't you get a Busa?"

Anyway....

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
It's all about personalization though i guess. If I stretch mine out, someone will say why didn't you just buy a big dog or OCC or WCC or an Exile? So i guess i see both sides.

G

·
BlkM109r said:
It's all about personalization though i guess. If I stretch mine out, someone will say why didn't you just buy a big dog or OCC or WCC or an Exile? So i guess i see both sides.
well and I've been a grumpy d*&k all day too, sorry. Too many end users with all the answers and well anywho.. I see all sides of everything but I still think I'm right most of the time haha

peace bro

·
Registered
387 Posts
I need bags on my bike but then again $1500 + is just a bit much. But how are you supposed to at the very least carry a rain jacket with ya. I just don't and wont go around with a carry bag on my back like the sportbike guys around here do. JOHN

·
Registered
330 Posts
im looking for sidebags that can easily be removed. i just got back from an overnighter. and wished that i had more luggage space. tent,slipping bag..etc.etc. but want the bike naked for short one dayers or around town. but the overnighter. need more luggage. and im not buying a slow harley for just that..or overpriced harley.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Medic1210 said:
Though I share your sentiments regarding hard bags, this is a "to each their own" sort of situation. Just because you or I don't like them for our bikes doesn't mean we should knock them if others choose to buy them... Besides, $1800 is a lot of jack just for saddle bags IMHO.
I agree, and that's ALOT of scratch for bags IMHO.

·
Registered
88 Posts
M109LOVER said:

Sheeeeeesh
I with you on this one.

Just UGLY!!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well I had a set of LeatherLyke bags on one of my other bikes and liked them pretty well (except you have to keep them wiped down with Back to Black...cause the sun fades them out quickly).  Anyway, they are easy to pop off once you get to your destination...only two clips holding them on...plus they are hard plastic, lockable and waterproof (if you put a little silicone around the inside of the key hole). 

I just called the LeatherLyke folks and asked if they are gonna make any bags for the 109...the lady said they didn't know as due to the high muffler it might be hard for them to make a decent bag that would fit.  She asked if I was willing to bring my 109 by and let them take a look and see if they might be able to do a bag for it...but since I'm in Alabama we both agreed that was a little far for a drop by.  But if any of you guys who live near  Bulverde, Texas want to drop your 109 by their business and let them take a look...I'm sure some of us would be grateful...heck you might even get some free/discounted bags out of the deal??  Here is a link to their site with a C50 with LeatherLyke bags on it:
http://www.hoese.com/srchbike.cfm?&DID=13&BikeNo=5113&Motorcycle=2006_Suzuki_C50BK6_(Boulevard%20C50%20Black)

I prefer the plain ones to the ones with the studs and stuff but that's just me.   :D

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
that's why they call it cusomizing bro ,because it's YOURS and YOU do with it what YOU want
+1

Next thing you know...somebody will tell me I shouldn't be trying to race my cruiser motorcycle and that I should buy a crotch rocket.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts