1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trogdor said:
I'm sorry but if anyone pays $1499.00 for hard bags...I can also sell you all of my chit that doesn't stink...seriously you'd have to be a complete waterhead to pay that for any bags...
You failed to point me to a cheaper comparable product... What do you suggest if I were to go with bags?

Any suggestions from someone who isn't going to make me feel like a dumba$$ for asking a question?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I'm not real sure if there are other hard bags designed for the 109 yet, so as far as comparable products they would all be soft bags and I don't realy consider them comparable (except that they hold stuff and go on a bike :p )
They are members on the board running soft- bags so if you do a search you come up with many post to read :bigthumbsup: .

The soft bags are also alot cheaper than hard bags , but if you have your heart set on hard bags those might be it for now.

As far as the price goes $1500 for a set of bags is bit steep for me but thats me :p . If it was me I would wait to see if any other manufactures step up with a alternitive or a leastwait for a retailer or dealer with offer them at lower than MSRP ( and you know someone will :bigthumbsup: )

Just look around for a bit and see what out there and then pick what you think will serve you best.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Remember, it's 1499.95 without the mounting hardware.

As of this point I have not seen any alternatives. I would have to believe that Corbin is working on some. The beetle bags for the C90 are 1499 too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Some one had a post to Champion Sidecars (i think that is it) that make hard saddle bags for motorcycles and are supposed to have some for the m109r too in the not to distant future, at about half price and look better too. And as far as being cut down because you ask a question - There seem to be quite a few of those people here on this site. But the good folks here out number the A$$H0$#@ by a long shot. But hey, it is your money, and your bike - YOU do what you want - dont be swayed by some idiot. look at www.championsidecars.com, they have saddle bags, trailers and sidecars and some other goodies.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I could have sworn that I saw earlier this week a post from a member who said he had found saddlebags from a trike company and he was getting them from them. I tried going back through the last two pages on the forum but could not find the post. He did show pictures of them in black too. I am late for my meeting right now, but will try and find them when i get back. Yeah the Suzuki bags are pricey plus you need the brackets. FWIW - I have seen the Cortech sport bags (soft bags) on a couple of 109's now and for $116 they are nice looking bags. If you have your heart set on the hard ones, maybe see what your dealer would do for you with some negotiations. Sometimes dealers will do 10-20% off your first accessory purchase after buying a new bike. Still alot of money, but could save you some money.

Try doing a search and maybe you can find the pictures and the thread. Like i said, I know i saw it earlier this week.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
....or for $1500 you could go buy an older touring bike like a mid 90's yamaha venture and use that when you need to carry a bunch of stuff, or maybe a used pick-up, car?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is just my 2 cents . I am not trying to offend anyone for saying this....but I would never pay $1500+ to put something that is as ugly as those bags on my 109!! I feel that they really take a way from the bikes lines and looks!! And the price??? WTF?? Big thumbs down here!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks like Regis posted all the info I was looking for about 40 seconds before i did. His link was the one I was looking for.

·
Registered
414 Posts
New Rides said:
You failed to point me to a cheaper comparable product... What do you suggest if I were to go with bags?

Any suggestions from someone who isn't going to make me feel like a dumba$$ for asking a question?
I wasn't trying to make you feel like a Dumbas$ for the question...I was simply stating my opinion on someone willing to pay that much for those bags...If there were some alternative bags out there I haven't found them yet...$1499.00 is IMHO a terrible price...
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/hardbags/Â there will be better prices later...again I am not attacking you this is just my opinion...Or do like one of our enterprising members and build your own...http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3605.0

1 - 11 of 11 Posts