M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone tried the suzuki gel seats ? are they any good ? please give me info . thanks norman

·
Registered
244 Posts
Wish I could tell you. Backordered until after 1st of year. By the way, does anyone know where you can get them that's not backordered? :dontknow:

·
Registered
679 Posts
I have the full cut carbon fiber look gel from Suzuki and I like it.  Most of my rides are under 100miles but it is great for that.  I like the full cut as I am 6' 7" tall.  the seat is definitely more comfortable than the stock seat.

G

·
I have the full cut carbon fiber look too. Had it for 3 months now. Very happy with it. For $200 you can't beat it. Wife does not ride on this bike so I can't speak for the passenger seat, but I am 6' and 265 and it really is nicer than the stocker. Longest ride on the 109 so far has been about 200 miles and no hot spots or butt soreness. I have had seats on different bikes from $150 to as much as $1300 and I am shocked at how comfortable this seat is for the price.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
now the full cut seat , seat`s you back 1 to 2 inches ? i`am 6 foot 1 and i have to streach alittle to reach the bar`s .

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I've recently got the full cut version and it's a vast improvement over stock to me. It does let you sit back a bit . Gives a little more legroom IMHO

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the regular cut carbon fiber look seat. Have gone on two 300mile+ rides with it and is unbelievably comfortable. The passenger seat is great as well, as one of those rides the wife came along and she was fine. I had a RS Warrior and Valkyrie before this bike and this gel seat is more comforatable than both with aftermarket seats. IMO :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Where is everyone getting these seats. Everyone I contact, Dealer, Oneida-Suzuki, and a couple of others tell me not available til after 12-29. :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
dbritton1963 said:
Where is everyone getting these seats. Everyone I contact, Dealer, Oneida-Suzuki, and a couple of others tell me not available til after 12-29. :dontknow:
I bet they all have the carbon fiber look....
Originally I bought a plain tank bib because I did not want fake carbon fiber stuff on a cruiser....
THEN
I bought the carbon look deep cut gel (I could not wait either) I love the look, its only around the sides
It is about 1 inch more leg room when measured against the regular seat. Maybe closer to 2 inches
when measured against the regular gel seat as that one seems made for shorter riders, even shorter than the normal position.
The passenger seat is much bigger and more comfortable.
I have gone on several 300+ mile days and it is great!

If you don't have a tank bra yet just order the carbon look seat, you will love the look and ride.

Look here, scroll 1/2 way down, there are pics and measurements

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=4425.0

Plus some more pics of it mounted and ready to go

http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

Sledzep

G

·
I don't know if this is accurate or not, so take it for what it is worth, but I seem to remember reading on here somewhere that Suzuki had a problem with their vendor who was making their aftermarket seats and that they were working on another vendor and that was the problem with backorders on the seats. Again, I cannot verify this statement, I am doing it from memory...what little I have left.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts