M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post this because some people were saying that only the front seat was gel when you buy the 71022 gel seat. I just added a backrest to the backseat and the seat is gel. Some may have thought it wasn't because it is surrounded by foam, but the whole middle section is gel.  Good deal. :bigthumbsup:

As you can see I need to cut the slit a little larger, also probably could have used the taller bracket since the gel backseat is a bit thicker than the stock backseat.

My wife rode with me for the first time, after I finished the backrest, and she loved it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Re: FYI Both Suzuki Gel Seats are Gel Seats

THanks for the info ! Hows comfort for you....and hows your back rest look...did you get the small or large backrest ?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

The seat is very comfortable, the backrest is for my wife she as not riden yet. I got the parts indicated in the "$100 backrest mod".  I probably could have used the taller riser, since the Gel passenger seat is a bit thicker but I got it to work fine. I will post some pics when I get a chance. Hopefully before someone says ... :nopic:  :joke:

·
Registered
243 Posts

Breaker said:
The seat is very comfortable, the backrest is for my wife she as not riden yet. I got the parts indicated in the "$100 backrest mod".  I probably could have used the taller riser, since the Gel passenger seat is a bit thicker but I got it to work fine. I will post some pics when I get a chance. Hopefully before someone says ... :nopic:  :joke:
Breaker

Where did you buy the seats, I can't find them except on ebay????

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I got them from my dealer, sorry I left off the CRB. They are the carbon fiber gel seats 71022-CRB. The plain were still on backorder last time I checked.

G

·

Breaker said:
I got them from my dealer, sorry I left off the CRB. They are the carbon fiber gel seats 71022-CRB. The plain were still on backorder last time I checked.
:nopic:

·
Registered
185 Posts

Breaker said:
I just wanted to post this because some people were saying that only the front seat was gel when you buy the 71022 gel seat. . . .
Yes, I made that assertion in a previous thread . .Â
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3993.msg52558#msg52558

Just based on a personal observation that I could not "feel" the gel in the seat, the same way as the front seat has an obvious gel feel to it. But regardless, it is well padded and well worth the money.
BTW . . Purchased online from Onieda . . Great price, recieved in a week, no problems. :bigthumbsup:

http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/gel-seat-plain-or-carbon-fiber-m109r.html

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

I gained maybe 1 inch of leg room with the full cut
the rear gel is about 1.5 inches longer and almost 3inches wider.

Sledzep

·
Registered
665 Posts

Sled,did the full cut really make that much diffrence,and how about the ride,Better? :dontknow:

·
Registered
3,121 Posts

Yeah it feels great.
My one complaint, and even after riding it for a 300+ mile trip I WOULD STILL ORDER IT AGAIN!! is that the front where your "2 buddies" ride is thicker than the stock so there is a little less room for them. That being said, what they have is much more comfortable.

I am keeping my stock seat and if I think it needs to I will have it redone in gell with an "area" created for my friends.
They have always been there when I needed them... I like to treat them right :bigthumbsup:

Sledzep

1 - 10 of 10 Posts