M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my new Suzuki full cut gel seat and I wanted to let all the tall riders know that this is a MUST addition. It boasts a 1-2" increase in leg room but I think it may be closer to 3+. I measured the difference from the stock seat to the new one and I was very surprised on the additional leg room. In the absence of forward controls this is the next best thing. I am 6'4" 230lbs. It also comes with matching back seat but works with the cowel too. I got it for $195 from my dealer with discount. Very pleased can't wait to take a longer ride this weekend..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cool...I've been thinking of getting this seat also. I asked my dealer if they had a back seat and he said no. Does the passenger saddle come with gel or is just same material as driver seat?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Wisc109cruiser said:
I just received my new Suzuki full cut gel seat and I wanted to let all the tall riders know that this is a MUST addition. It boasts a 1-2" increase in leg room but I think it may be closer to 3+. I measured the difference from the stock seat to the new one and I was very surprised on the additional leg room. In the absence of forward controls this is the next best thing. I am 6'4" 230lbs. It also comes with matching back seat but works with the cowel too. I got it for $195 from my dealer with discount. Very pleased can't wait to take a longer ride this weekend..
a few questions that are not "CLEAR" above

1) for $195 you got front and back?
2) Did you order 2 different part #'s?
3) how long have you ridden on it?
4) Is the seat still very comfortable?
5) OR is the only benefit the extra leg room?

Sledzep

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Answers to the questions. There is a part number listed on the Suzuki Motorcycle site(990A0-71021/22-CBR). When I ordered mine they found one left in another warehouse and did mention this was the only one, more on backorder. I received it in 3 business days and I thought it was only the front seat also but when I picked it up he gave me both and said that is how they come. I will report on how it is after I have a chance to ride longer distance this weekend.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK additional answers, It was one part number and the dealer was surprised it was both back and front as well. I have only taken short rides, 30 miles and it is as or more confortable than the stock. I did buy it for the added leg room but am satisfied with the comfort. Quality seems better that stock also and the carbon look does not look like carbon, more like textured on sides. Overall, for the price it is a better seat than the stock.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
L-Train said:
Nice. I was told it was just the front.

That is a really inexpensive seat.
WOW, the first thing priced correctly from them!!!

Sledzep

ON EDIT
I just ordered. Back order till 8/10 they say. That is for plain, the Carbon fiber look did NOT say backorder...

I did not think this would be an early mod.... BUT the reviews look good, I can use the extra room... and if its here when I get back from vacation I will tell the wife I ordered it for HER comfort.... Her birthday is that week.

So lets see, I get a new seat, extra leg room and Husband points!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts