M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering how many people purchased the extended warranty?? I figured $600 dollars extra was worth it for added peace of mind for a new production model or was  I just wasting my money??  Your opinions?? Thanks Roy..

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i'm waiting a bit to purchase it. we have 1 year to do it if they didn't tell you. i wanna see how many problems surface on the bikes in the first year. that'll give me a better idea of how much i want to extend the warranty

·
Registered
908 Posts
I purchased the 5yr unlimited mileage, $0 deductible warranty for $700.00. Have never wrenched or owned a water-cooled bike, or any first year model bikes. So I did it for piece of mind.

·
Registered
24 Posts
they offered a "free" two years extended waranty on top of the origianl year, up here in alberta.

·
Registered
145 Posts
On top of the factory 1 year warranty, I extended another 6 years for $800.00. Don`t think it`s bad for a total of 7 years. Also have a separate one for wheels and tires, so my bike is covered "tire to tire".

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
I am going to get one. I have a thread going. I am trying to get a group of us together so we all can get a group price. I has looking and getting the 1 + 6 year one= 7 year total warranty for about $615-630. And it is a Suzuki warranty, 0 deductable. If you are interested send me a private message, I am keeping a list so when I make the move I can let you all know. I am also looking at an after market warranty as well. I am just looking at all the small print.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey I just purchased an extended warranty for my 109R Through a Suzuki dealer in Minnesota.....Rec'd the contract today from Suzuki For 4 additional years on top of the 1 year that came with the bike for a total of 5 years for $399.99. I could not believe the price so I went ahead and purchased it.If anyone is interested I'll dig out the info and post it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
lostrider said:
Hey I just purchased an extended warranty for my 109R Through a Suzuki dealer in Minnesota.....Rec'd the contract today from Suzuki For 4 additional years on top of the 1 year that came with the bike for a total of 5 years for $399.99. I could not believe the price so I went ahead and purchased it.If anyone is interested I'll dig out the info and post it.
I'm interested...do you have the dealer phone number? I believe this is the cheapest I've seen yet, but I'm still checking.

·
Radio Active Member
27,671 Posts
Can you give me the dealers info as well? I was looking at getting the 7 year total warranty. If I get a group together I can get them for $620-$630. I am still trying to get him a little lower.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Hey Guys Sorry for the delay getting back to you. The info Is as follows Heinen's Yamaha,Suzuki and Artic Cat The Phone # is 763-425-2178 They will need your VIN # to verfiy ownership and a credit card. They mail you the contracts sign and return in the self addressed stamped envelope and return to them for processing. price was 399.99 for 4 additional years on top of the year that comes with bike 0 deductible

·
Registered
21 Posts
Be careful, My dealer told me that it is a little known fact that , when you buy an extended warranty, say for 4 years, and you have the original 1 yr, all you get is 4 yrs. i was surprised he fessed up to that but it seems to be missleading . read the fine print....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I purchased the extended warranty coverage for $400 +/- when I bought the bike. It's a brand new model with unproven reliability - thus the extra precaution. Suzuki's products are generally very reliable but one never knows with a new product.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts