M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have them and can you post some pics. What brands and brackets/clamps did you use?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,364 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
hey Big-B where did you get the guards on your bike from? i was looking at two of them but not sure which was a better quality guard. Oh sorry I didnt answer your question, I didnt get to that level yet:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I wonder If thoes would work with the engine gaurd that is closer to the bike?
I am sure they would as long as the diameter of the tubes are the same. I do not know which guards I have. I ordered them when I bought the bike. I paid about $130.00 for them. I hust told the dealer to throw in the pegs also.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey Big-B where did you get the guards on your bike from? i was looking at two of them but not sure which was a better quality guard. Oh sorry I didnt answer your question, I didnt get to that level yet:bigthumbsup:
I got them from a member here. They are the Suzuki brand gaurds

These are the dually pegs and Long horn off sets, the off sets allow for lots of adjustment. Be advised, I have the suzuki crash bars and the right is about an inch closer to the bike so note in the pic the right hand spacer moving the peg out so they feel right.:doorag:
Thanks for the pics. That answered my question. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I have the ones from suzuki parts, they dont extend out far, they fit great, HOWEVER, the one thing they did'nt put thought into was, in order to remove the front cylinder spark plugs you half to remove the bars or loosen them severely to get the chrome spark plug covers off, there is no way around it.:doorag::doorag:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have the ones from suzuki parts, they dont extend out far, they fit great, HOWEVER, the one thing they did'nt put thought into was, in order to remove the front cylinder spark plugs you half to remove the bars or loosen them severely to get the chrome spark plug covers off, there is no way around it.:doorag::doorag:
Uhhhh, am I missing something or what does this have to do w/m mounting pegs to the gaurds?:dontknow:

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I have the iso dually with the offset on the crash bars. They work great for me. Make sure you get the 1.5" clamps. Most clamps are 1 1/4". The offsets do allow for a lot of adjustment.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Uhhhh, am I missing something or what does this have to do w/m mounting pegs to the gaurds?:dontknow:
good point:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the iso dually with the offset on the crash bars. They work great for me. Make sure you get the 1.5" clamps. Most clamps are 1 1/4". The offsets do allow for a lot of adjustment.
Yeah, I have them on my sabre, just wanted to see if the 9's used something different.

Thanks everyone.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
665 Posts
I have an engine guard all the way from J&P Cycles in the US and have it sent to Malaysia. It came with all the hardwares needed to bolt it in. All is good.:p

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I was looking at something like these on a goldwing yesterday and thought 'Man I needed this!' as my legs cannot reach the engine guard.:p
I love em. I can put my feet on them but if I want, I just lay my foot over the top of the peg and ride streched out :a18:

·
Registered
960 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts