M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to go to Raleigh, NC to work on my sisters computer. Went to 2 Suzuki Dealers in Raleigh and only one had a M109 and 4 M90's. I ask the salesman how much for the 2009 M109 and he said $13900, I asked him for cash price and it was $13900. Was not impressed but did meet 2 M109 riders while there. Went to the dealership in Smithfield, NC and he did not have one but had 4 M90's with $1000 rebates bringing the price to $9500, he said he could do better. Had a nice visit with them and saw a sweet 2010 Kaw Concours, absolutely beautiful bike...............drooled some on that one. The last dealership was in Sanford, NC and they had a 2008 M109 "Custom" for $16900!!!! The custom part was the Cobra Swepts and some airbrushing on some of the body panels, nothing fancy. I asked him what his best price was and he stared at me and said $16900 + tax + tags + something else. They had 1 M90 and did not get the price on it as they were closing and turning out the light on me.......................how rude (it was 5 min to closing). Had a fun day and learned the dealers I would never use and enjoyed meeting to 2 109 riders in Raleigh. I did ask about getting a part (stock part) for my 9 at one dealership and the parts guy gave me a price of $13.53 + tax and he will ship it to me in Asheboro (70 miles) for the sum of $25.00............................NOT!!!!!! Just thought I would pass on my observation of my dealership visits in central NC.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Sounds kinda like when I went to a local dealer last year to buy mine.
I stopped in twice in one week to get a test ride and talk to him about
trading in my BMW. Both times he was like: "Yeah give me your number
and I'll call you in a couple of days when the bike is prepped" . Needless
to say I never got a call. Went somewhere else, got a test ride, bought
it under sticker, and drove it over to the first dealer a couple of days
later to show the salesman my new purchase. :evil:

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
Dealers amaze me. The local dealer here has about a dozen M109's, they bought a lot of inventory right after Suzuki decided not to bring the 2010 models in, and still deal nicely on them. And if you bought the bike there they knock from 25% to 40% off any parts you get. They even cut better deals on accessories if you bought from them, but you do have to ask.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Dealers amaze me. The local dealer here has about a dozen M109's, they bought a lot of inventory right after Suzuki decided not to bring the 2010 models in, and still deal nicely on them. And if you bought the bike there they knock from 25% to 40% off any parts you get. They even cut better deals on accessories if you bought from them, but you do have to ask.
You know Zoom:agree:, I know exactly what you mean--and that is exactly why I decided to drive the 2.5 hours + spend the extra $$ to rent a trailer to go pick "my baby" up rather than buying it local. I do have a couple of Suzuki dealers in my area, the closest one being about 2 miles away, but Romney's in West VA not only provided a great price, but above all, GREAT costumer service. They really rock and are highly recommended. These guys and gals really went out of their way to make my purchase as smooth as it could possibly have been considering my needs with registration
"bureaucracy" requirements among different states due to military status; once again, ROMNEY's in West Virginia... They ROCK!!! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Well now with the economy you can see first hand what happens with the "lessor" dealers. I always do business where I am appreciated but at the same time,having run auto dealerships for 20 years, I don't try to do business without the dealer making a profit...finding the difference between what they want and what they need is always the fun part :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Had to go to Raleigh, NC to work on my sisters computer. Went to 2 Suzuki Dealers in Raleigh and only one had a M109 and 4 M90's. I ask the salesman how much for the 2009 M109 and he said $13900, I asked him for cash price and it was $13900. Was not impressed but did meet 2 M109 riders while there. Went to the dealership in Smithfield, NC and he did not have one but had 4 M90's with $1000 rebates bringing the price to $9500, he said he could do better. Had a nice visit with them and saw a sweet 2010 Kaw Concours, absolutely beautiful bike...............drooled some on that one. The last dealership was in Sanford, NC and they had a 2008 M109 "Custom" for $16900!!!! The custom part was the Cobra Swepts and some airbrushing on some of the body panels, nothing fancy. I asked him what his best price was and he stared at me and said $16900 + tax + tags + something else. They had 1 M90 and did not get the price on it as they were closing and turning out the light on me.......................how rude (it was 5 min to closing). Had a fun day and learned the dealers I would never use and enjoyed meeting to 2 109 riders in Raleigh. I did ask about getting a part (stock part) for my 9 at one dealership and the parts guy gave me a price of $13.53 + tax and he will ship it to me in Asheboro (70 miles) for the sum of $25.00............................NOT!!!!!! Just thought I would pass on my observation of my dealership visits in central NC.
I was hunting for a 2008 M109 to trade on my M90 and finally got done yesterday. I feel the same pain you described. They do not care and that is no motivation to sell them. "Do you want the bike or not? Have a nice day!" My buddies where I got my M90 did not have the 08s and they did the best to get me on a 09. No rebates and only the 1.99% if you qualify. I got my deal done after 5 hours of negotiation and am happy with the end result. Lost about 1K trading my M90 but got what I wanted.
I could buy a pre-loved M109 from another member here for much less money but had the M90 and could not sell. They are selling M90s for $8500 here in Clearwater, Fl.
I buy parts online now. FUGGETABOUT THE STEALERS FOR PARTS!!!!
Take care! H

·
Registered
550 Posts
Sounds like you went to the Falls Church dealer Duende... I went there, sat on my red 9 for 20 minutes as salesmen walked past me and told the wife lets go...

I went back to Woodbridge and told them if they wanted to sell me a bike, to get the red one down here. Yeah, I have that red one... and got half off whatever accessories I bought... so I loaded up!! Crash bars, 2 Shoei helmets, 2 jackets, backrest and luggage rack, both gel seats.

I don't think that salesman is still up there, but the dealer in Woodbridge seemed to treat me well. Much better than the one here in the Burg.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I was in that Sanford Dealership last week, and I saw that so called custom M109 for 1600; what a joke

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
You know Zoom:agree:, I know exactly what you mean--and that is exactly why I decided to drive the 2.5 hours + spend the extra $$ to rent a trailer to go pick "my baby" up rather than buying it local. I do have a couple of Suzuki dealers in my area, the closest one being about 2 miles away, but Romney's in West VA not only provided a great price, but above all, GREAT costumer service. They really rock and are highly recommended. These guys and gals really went out of their way to make my purchase as smooth as it could possibly have been considering my needs with registration
"bureaucracy" requirements among different states due to military status; once again, ROMNEY's in West Virginia... They ROCK!!! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:.
It is always nice when you get good customer service. It seems like there is less and less pride in what people do for a paycheck. Just like you I like to frequent the places that treat my family and I the best even if I might have to drive a little farther to get there.

Sounds like you went to the Falls Church dealer Duende... I went there, sat on my red 9 for 20 minutes as salesmen walked past me and told the wife lets go...

To the dealers that won't even acknowledge you when you are ready to buy they can screw off. I walked into my local dealer (honda, with lots of used inventory) and I had found a bike that I was interested in, I walked around it for almost 10 minutes while the 2 salesmen on duty were BS'ing by the parts counter. I looked at them and one of the salesmen looked at me and just turned around and continued to chat. I walked out of there determined never to give them a dime of my hard earned money. But that is why I found my 9 that I ended up buying, so I am happy since the 9 has so much more character than what I had been looking at.

·
Banned
408 Posts
I remember when I was 18 yrs old me & a friend went to a local bike dealership [Now out of business] and were checking out the new bikes. It was 1983 and the salesman came over and asks: Are either of you interested in buying a new motorcycle? No we said. So, you're just sitting on bikes then? Yes I said. Okay then, why don't you get the hell out of my store & stop wasting my time? GOODBYE!!
WOW! we were blown away, I remember this guy perfectly & I hope I run into him again someday, but he's probably dead by now.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Dang dud! You should have given me a ring. We could have done lunch or something. Maybe tagteamed the dealer or something.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Didn't have much luck at my local dealers either. One had the color I wanted, but he said he drove a long ways to get it, so he was going to sell it for retail, $12,799 +taxes and dealers fees. Another a few hours away had an 08 LE, they wanted close to $12k plus fees, when I tried to bargain with him, they wouldn't budge either. I did get offered a really great price from Romney's, but it wasn't the color I wanted, and it was a 17 hour drive one way. Ended up going to Roger's Marine in Texas, 9 hours from me, and got a fair price and the color I wanted, plus the dealer there was really great to work with and helped us get her strapped in.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dang dud! You should have given me a ring. We could have done lunch or something. Maybe tagteamed the dealer or something.
Sorry about that, thought you may be busy working. Wished I would have called you. I was not on the bike but would have been happy to drive.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,940 Posts
Glad they treated you well bro, I've bought the two I currently have from them and a couple others. First class service each and every time.

And just in case anyone else wants to take a look at what they have, it's Romney Cycles in Romney, WV. www.romneycycles.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts