M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got some great news when I got back home from the rally guys.It seems the m50 I had put a deposit on was a 2009 model.When I got pissed off at the dealer for not having the one he promised he said his suzuki rep told him that they were pulling the new m50s.Great now I also have to put up with the wife being upset because her heart was set on the bike.She can move my nine around but are standing almost on her toes.Thanke to shortyy and dlp I know that I can mod it to where she is comfortable.Just think a 9 is to much for her.Can you get as many mods for the m90 as you can for the 109.She has some skills on dirt bikes and has had the class for street riding.She has been riding a honda rebel for about 6 months know.I dont like riding to slow and the rebel is so gay looking.Should I go with the m90 or the 109.mods I am looking at are lowering 2.5 in,bringing the bars back with different riser,moving forward controls back 3.5 in,putting suspinsion on lower setting and getting different seat.bear in mind she is 4ft 11in and 120 lbs.any thought will be well received.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
IMO, M90 is the bike for her build. She'll be alot more comfortable. The 200 tire will make it less of a drastic change from the rebel. As well as the hieght of the bike. IMO, go with the M90. It was great meeting you bro. I hope to see you next year!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ditto bro

We are going to the dealers so she can set on it.and we will be there next year bro.gotta get her bike set up before.I found a great road for her to train on it.long good straight aways with 10 35 mph curves at the end.hey got some great photos of you and your girl.will upload it to website.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
IMO, M90 is the bike for her build. She'll be alot more comfortable. The 200 tire will make it less of a drastic change from the rebel. As well as the hieght of the bike. IMO, go with the M90. It was great meeting you bro. I hope to see you next year!:bigthumbsup:
i would have to agree with Hink on this one. the M50 would have been perfect for her, but the m90 is a real nice bike.

if you dont mind coming up to KC Donnells up here has a M50 on the showroom floor.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Wedge my buddy is selling his wife's M50 pretty good price and has some mods done. Problem is it's up here in Central VA pretty good haul from TX. I will post details just in case.

Hey Guys and Gals,

My wife has decided she wants be a passenger for a while so we're selling her M50.

Pictures don't do this bike justice. This bike is like new. 1210 miles, bought new in July 2007. This bike has been babied, always garage kept, never seen rain, or been ridden hard, the new nubs are still on the tires!

Mods include, 1-1/2" lowering links, Kuryakyn ISO Grips, Kuryakyn Throttle boss both ends, Kewelmetal Chrome Helmet Locks both ends of grips and 1"spacer risers. Original parts go with buyer. Buyer to pick up or I will ride it within 100 miles. I don't have a trailer or truck.

4600.00 -Cash Only, includes Factory Extended Warranty, good until July 12, 2012. Clear Title.
PM me if you or someone you know is interested. See the link below for over 100 more pics of it. Location Midlothian Virginia.
Thanks for looking!:bigthumbsup:

Here is the link from the 4 sale post http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131806

We are going to the dealers so she can set on it.and we will be there next year bro.gotta get her bike set up before.I found a great road for her to train on it.long good straight aways with 10 35 mph curves at the end.hey got some great photos of you and your girl.will upload it to website.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
the rebel is so gay looking.
:a20:

Dang your girl is tiny. I can't imagine her on a 800# M109. I test rode the M90 and I wouldn't go any bigger than that for her. You can lower the M90 just as much as a M109. Like Hink mentioned the 200 rear tire is nice and very nimble and the bike would have plenty of power for her and it's a very stable ride. It looks damn near identical to our bikes as well so that should make her happy. Yep you'll have a pullback issue with her being so small, but all the mods you mentioned to make the bike fit her will need to be done.

Get the M90.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yep.

Tanks for all the info guys.Gonna go with the 90.when she puts her foot down on a stock one her heel is about 2 inches off the ground,so with the mods and lowering the stock spring setting I think she will be truley amazed and pleased with the new feel.:drool:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Not necessarily, I'm a little smaller than his wife and love the 9....i handle it just fine.
Yes but your not normal! J/K.........There's some guys that shouldn't be riding the 9 and there alot bigger than you. But hey if she can handle it then she can handle it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Brad, You bought Stew's old nine? Cool. I remember him trying to sell it about a year and 1/2 ago(with bags). I take mine to Donnell's every once in awhile.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts