M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I just got off the phone with Suzuki Customer Service and that is probably the worst service I have ever had. I explained the 2nd gear issue with my 2007 M109R LE and asked if there was anything Suzuki would do. I asked to work out a deal or anything. The guy was rude, laughing saying it was my problem and not Suzuki's. He said I bought the bike, so I bought the issue. Mind you I've had the bike almost a year before this. I've only put 6000 miles on it and nothing was wrong before. The bike only has 8500 miles on it. They want to much to fix it. I will be trading it in, not buying another Suzuki, and writing a letter to their Public Relations Department. The forum is great but Suzuki sucks as a customer friendly company. I hope everyone has better luck with theirs! Ride safe everyone!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Not to be rude, but I'm not buyin it...
IF this is true, you need to be on the phone with them again, and insist you speak to a customer service manager of some sort... There is NO way they would let an employee talk to a customer that way. No matter what company it is.. Trading the bike in does nothing but give the problems to someone else. How was your attitude on the phone? Were you an [email protected]@hole??? Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease, not the loud, obnoxious one... Sorry, just can't see this going down quite the way you say it did, and IF it did, I am truly sorry.
I'm a little biased since I have Suzuki in my blood and find it hard to buy anything BUT a Suzuki. Even if this bike turns into a complete pile of shiz, I will buy another Suzuki.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Just realized that your bike is most likely out of warranty, right??
Did you buy it used?

If both of these are true, how can you expect them to pay for it??
If my transmission goes out in my 32 Ford, should Ford good faith warranty it????

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was perfectly respectable on the phone. You get more with honey. I'm telling you how this guy was. I should not have to go and deal with a manager because some guy can't do his job correctly. I explained to the guy that I love the bike and would love to continue promoting their product but he was just an A$$h0le.

I understand my bike is out of warranty but with all of the issues the 2006 and 2007 models had with their trannys Suzuki needs to own up. Suzuki knows they have issues, parts were improved and part numbers were superseeded. I refuse to think that a bike only 3 years old with 8500 miles that has been babied, never raced and never dropped should be having these kind of issues. This is where Harley does out pace their competition. Harley stands behind their motorcycles and will work with the customer to get it fixed.

The bike's overall performance has not disappointed me. It's Suzuki's quality of service and quality of product. They won't stand behind it, so I will no longer stand behind them.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I was perfectly respectable on the phone. You get more with honey. I'm telling you how this guy was. I should not have to go and deal with a manager because some guy can't do his job correctly. I explained to the guy that I love the bike and would love to continue promoting their product but he was just an A$$h0le.

I understand my bike is out of warranty but with all of the issues the 2006 and 2007 models had with their trannys Suzuki needs to own up. Suzuki knows they have issues, parts were improved and part numbers were superseeded. I refuse to think that a bike only 3 years old with 8500 miles that has been babied, never raced and never dropped should be having these kind of issues. This is where Harley does out pace their competition. Harley stands behind their motorcycles and will work with the customer to get it fixed.

The bike's overall performance has not disappointed me. It's Suzuki's quality of service and quality of product. They won't stand behind it, so I will no longer stand behind them.
Okay, I get the Honey reference. But after that you and I differ. I would be calling JUST to let them know how you were treated on the phone. Nothing to do with your problem at hand, but just because how you were treated on the phone...
I have MANY friends with Harleys (I live in Milwaukee) and let me tell you, Harley is NO different than any of the other manufacturers when it comes to fixing stuff outside warranty. And trust me, their stuff breaks!
I have an '06 and have (knocks on wood) NO problems with my transmission/clutch cable/ clutch shudder... Supposedly there are what, maybe 100-150 people that we've "heard" of with these problems?
I owned an '05 Gsxr 1000 before this, and according to gixxer.com, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE BIKES would break frames due to a poor design. I beat the crap outta that bike, and I am a really big dude, and NEVER had a problem....
I'm not denying the fact that you have a problem with your 9. I'm just saying its not fair the way you were treated on the phone. Also its not entirely up to Suzuki to fix a bike that has been out of warranty for what, 2 years and they have no idea how it was treated. Your word vs theirs..

I'm really sorry for your problems, just please realize you can go ahead and trade it in at your local HD dealership, and you will get a whole new world of problems with WAY higher price tags involved.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Don't worry, I'm not trading it in for a Harley. I'm looking at Yamaha or Kawasaki. I can't afford Harley. I don't really care for any of the Harley models anyway. They all kinda look the same and are way underpowered. Who knows what I will end up with, but whatever it is, it won't compare to this bike....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Don't worry, I'm not trading it in for a Harley. I'm looking at Yamaha or Kawasaki. I can't afford Harley. I don't really care for any of the Harley models anyway. They all kinda look the same and are way underpowered. Who knows what I will end up with, but whatever it is, it won't compare to this bike....
Better stick with Yamaha then. Kawi and Suzi are in bed together, so chances are they'll get some of your money! :D

Just get a new Vmax, and be done with it :bigthumbsup::drool:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
LOL Suzuki warranty a used pounded 109 Not even worth the phone call...........:a20:

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL Suzuki warranty a used pounded 109 Not even worth the phone call...........:a20:
Read the OP. The bike was never beat on, raced or dropped. It's the principle of standing by your product and offering top notch customer service. This bike was treated like it was my second child.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Read the OP. The bike was never beat on, raced or dropped. It's the principle of standing by your product and offering top notch customer service. This bike was treated like it was my second child.
I see nothing in your first post that said anything about how you took care of your bike babied or pounded.I know a lot of people who own this bike and most are pounded.I on the other hand "BABY" mine and have 13.000 miles with a smooth shifting trany.It only breaks if you beat it or don't know how to shift it.Plain and simple.Just saying!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I see nothing in your first post that said anything about how you took care of your bike babied or pounded.I know a lot of people who own this bike and most are pounded.I on the other hand "BABY" mine and have 13.000 miles with a smooth shifting trany.It only breaks if you beat it or don't know how to shift it.Plain and simple.Just saying!
Thats a negative....IMO...it's the luck of the draw :bigthumbsup:

If ya go back and read....you'll find that some ride the krap outta the bike with no problems....others ride normal and get the shudder or shift fork issue....it's the way it goes :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go and purchase the Factory Pro Evo star shifter kit. Its only 170.00 bucks. I know, I know, suzuki should own up to it. Trust me. They will not. They know about the issue and have known for years now. My bike has been doing it for a year ever since i purchased it. Now the warranty is up, and has never been resolved. Suzuki rep here in ontario is Luigi. What knob he really is.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone with Suzuki Customer Service and that is probably the worst service I have ever had. I explained the 2nd gear issue with my 2007 M109R LE and asked if there was anything Suzuki would do. I asked to work out a deal or anything. The guy was rude, laughing saying it was my problem and not Suzuki's. He said I bought the bike, so I bought the issue. Mind you I've had the bike almost a year before this. I've only put 6000 miles on it and nothing was wrong before. The bike only has 8500 miles on it. They want to much to fix it. I will be trading it in, not buying another Suzuki, and writing a letter to their Public Relations Department. The forum is great but Suzuki sucks as a customer friendly company. I hope everyone has better luck with theirs! Ride safe everyone!
whwn I talk to anybody from any Customer Service I always record them so If they have attitude, Its recorded, then let management hear it, if anything it gets the rep. fired:hot:

·
Registered
665 Posts
whwn I talk to anybody from any Customer Service I always record them so If they have attitude, Its recorded, then let management hear it, if anything it gets the rep. fired:hot:
That is cruel but effective.:joke::a18:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Thats a negative....IMO...it's the luck of the draw :bigthumbsup:

If ya go back and read....you'll find that some ride the krap outta the bike with no problems....others ride normal and get the shudder or shift fork issue....it's the way it goes :D
I am sorry i just don't buy this luck of the draw thing.These problems with the trany happen with a low percent of the members and most live in different states so know one knows the real truth.When i blew a trany in my 71 chevelle i never told my dad the truth but he always some how new.And yes i was pounding the crap out of that car.Hmmm could have been the bald 50's.Dang i wish it was 1979 again life was great.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
A friend of mine recently had the second gear issue on his 06. It was three years old at the time, and out of warranty. The dealer fixed it for him, and only charged him labor, not parts. Came out to around $1200 if I recall correctly.

He was happy with this. He did not make any phone calls, just dealt with the dealer that sold him the bike. Sam has three Suzukis in his garage, including a B-king and a Hayabusa. These two were bought after the M109 issue, so there is no denying that a dealer can benefit by working with long-time customers.:bigthumbsup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts