M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone found the Suzuki chrome accessories in stock or are they all still backordered? They are offering 3 different side covers, a chrome drive shaft cover, etc..... I just can't seem to find them ANYWHERE.

G

·
The shaft covers seem to be shipping. The past two weeks lots of people have been posting that their came in. I got my side cover last Thursday. I believe there was one in the Classified section on this website or the other 109 forum for $80 also.

G

·
itsthatfast said:
Has anyone bought the crash bars that Suzuki is offering? If so, how do they look?
I just got mine in yesterday they will be on the bike this weekend and will post pics

TAZ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the info. Sad part is I check Oneida pretty often and I just haven't done it in the past few days. Thanks again for the link.

G

·
They are the same as the frame tubing, the large diameter Longhorns is what I bought to put on. I have a post in the pics board of them on the bike.

TAZ

·
Registered
775 Posts
i've got the suzuki engine guard ( crash bars) on mine. pics in the general mc section ( a few more upgrades) i think it looks great. kinda beefs up the lower front end.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thought I saw somewhere on this board that someone had bought the shaft cover for the C50 ($45) and that it fit just fine on the M109.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i got the chrome engine cover and shaft cover in today. i like the engine cover. the shaft cover is a piece of @#$!.

#1 it doesn't fit well at all
#2 the screw that holds it on is RIGHT next to your tire, and it's impossible to move it unless you make it very visible

·
Registered
241 Posts
I replaced the metal hose clamp with a plastic wire tie because it was too close to the tire.

The Boulevard Cover is shipping because I got one by mistake. Did anyone get the M109R one with the flames?

Carl

·
Registered
696 Posts
i just ordered the side cover that has the horizontal milling and the M109 letters.. this will be the ONLY brand ID left on the bike as soon as i come up with something to replace the little one on the top of the tank.. placed the order yesterday with my dealer.. that match the price from odeina ... ordered a service manual and a spanner too... will advise on shipping lead times ...mjm

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I replaced the metal hose clamp with a plastic wire tie because it was too close to the tire.
well, that shaft generates some heat, and the plastic would be vulnerable to road debris cutting it, but the cover is on there pretty tight without anything holding it on. i think yours is probably the best solution. thanks for the idea.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.