M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off all the badges last night, but can i ask what does everyone do with the little suzuki badge thats imbedded in the chrome plastic piece just below the speedo. i can take it out but it would leave an indentation. any suggestions???

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and can i just add that who ever the rocket scientist that thought up the 2 sided tape should be shot. that was a pain in the arse to get off

·
Registered
379 Posts
Two sided tape and good glue because the badges are not meant to be removed. Call me old school but I think the badges look good. :bigthumbsup: Except for the gas tank warning labels. They're just stupid. I did remove them. ::)

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Fill it with liquid epoxy, then shoot it with chrome paint.

Personally, I really like it. That speedo badge and the M109R badges are the only ones I left on my bike.

·
Registered
241 Posts
If it really bothers you a polished stainless steel temperature gauge (held on with double backed tape) would probably look nice over top of the emblem. I've had a Formotion SS Scooter Thermometer GA-75210 gauge on my VTX's since February 2003 and it still looks brand new. It cost me ~$55.

Carl

·
Registered
98 Posts
seapup said:
Personally, I really like it. That speedo badge and the M109R badges are the only ones I left on my bike.
Debadged, partially :bigthumbsup:
If someone really wants to know what it is (most seem to have no clue) model is on the sideplate and the :super: is under the speedometer.
I probably would have left the badge on the tank if it wasn't the same one on all the suzuki cruzers. Though my wife wanted me to put the tank badge back on.....To each his own...the beauty of being me. :D

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mines completely de-badged except for th "S" on the tank. I was sitting in a bar the other day and saw to Harley riders walk up to the bike. Hands on hips and shaken their heads like they didn't have a clue. You could tell they were fascinated by the look of the bike. Then one of them pointed at the S emblem on the tank and they both looked at each other like "oooh that's what it is.

Make em hunt for it. :bigthumbsup:

·
Seasoned Member
7,635 Posts
Brawler said:
Mines completely de-badged except for th "S" on the tank. I was sitting in a bar the other day and saw to Harley riders walk up to the bike. Hands on hips and shaken their heads like they didn't have a clue. You could tell they were fascinated by the look of the bike. Then one of them pointed at the S emblem on the tank and they both looked at each other like "oooh that's what it is.

Make em hunt for it. :bigthumbsup:
Exactly! But not just H-D riders, everyone! Heck I didn't even know what this bike was until a week ago. :confused:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I guess having the little :super: on there isnt too bad. If someone sees it, it just means im not riding fast enough. Took the warning sticker and the octane suggestion stickers off too. Over the winter going to get a custom paint job on it

·
Registered
211 Posts
Viper_814 said:
I took off all the badges last night, but can i ask what does everyone do with the little suzuki badge thats imbedded in the chrome plastic piece just below the speedo. i can take it out but it would leave an indentation. any suggestions???
It's a cultural issue for many of us, Bro. Back in the '60 and ,70 with the Muscle cars and what about the VW Bugs and the famous California Look. Many people had debadge them cars and motorcycle ever since....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I took all the badges off my purple 109 and have found that it is even more of a conversation piece than before I did this. Many who scan the bike for markings just don't notice the "S" below the speedo, but even if they do they have not seen a metric cruiser with this much style and have to ask questions about it. I have two pals with HD Fat boys and they are green as can be at both the looks and performance. As for why I decided to take the logos off, they were not distinctive enough for this bike. I do like the clean look of the bike without the logos. That purple color is way cool in direct sunlight, sorry black and silver owners but your colors are pretty sameish. I had an interesting event happen day before yesterday when a Highway Trooper pulled me over and I thought he had nailed me a ways back when I had opened it up for a short distance. When he arrived at the bike I was fishing for my license and he just said, "relax, I just wanted to know what this bike was". He was very cool and liked the way it looked, sounded and was a rider himself. He was very complimentary and just told me to be careful, keep wearing my helmet, (sorry all
you macho guys without them) and told me to enjoy that beautiful bike. I know that if it had been black or silver he would never have even noticed me, but that may not necessarily be a good thing either.

The bike is still a 109 with or without the emblems and it will not take a lot longer before most of the knowledgeable riders out there know it when they see it.
Cheers,
Kingpong :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
thats where i mounted my xm radio mount...(using the "double sided taped" swivel mount that comes with those radios)......and when my (joe rocket) tank bag is on, and the xm is in the mount, it's all right there for easy viewing and easily accessible,

"i dont miss that emblem at all."    :D

tc

·
Registered
166 Posts
red1951man said:
Two sided tape and good glue because the badges are not meant to be removed. Call me old school but I think the badges look good. :bigthumbsup: Except for the gas tank warning labels. They're just stupid. I did remove them. ::)
+1 :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
71 Posts
red1951man said:
+ 1 more :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haha... Good thread... I've had people browse the bike up close, then they finally see the Suzuki marking there... I've seen some nice chrome looking pieces of many shapes, sizes, designz etc that will go over that perfectly... I'm still deciding on which one... You can actually leave it on and put one of these over it... I'll PM you the site I found which had these... They were made for Cars, Bikes, Personal uses etc, but some are tribal to basic designs... This would really be a good answer for you.

I actually debagged my cars as well... It's just an advertising source for the manufacture... I get a kick out of these cars that have a 2ftx3ft vinyl sticker saying 'FORD', 'HONDA', etc... no $hit, it's like we didn't know what car it was, but Im sure someone high up in Honda for example that sees that driving around says, "haha, thanks for the extra advertising". Harley's hold the status symbol, so I understand peeps leaving the HD on bikes, but the majority of these $100,000 custom's are badgeless.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
red1951man said:
Two sided tape and good glue because the badges are not meant to be removed.  Call me old school but I think the badges look good. :bigthumbsup: Except for the gas tank warning labels. They're just stupid. I did remove them. ::)
I agree with Red. I have not debagged my 109 either & kind of like the badging. I have an answer for the guy who wanted to remove the Suzuki S located on the speedometer bezel. He could place a button for a garage opener! :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wizzard
if you have the site of those emblems post it so i can go out and take a look at them. just want something to cover it up.
thanks
viper

1 - 18 of 18 Posts