M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
nice i believe th eloacal dealer here has one on the shelf as i was thinking of purchasing it as well hope ya get it soon should look great

·
Registered
243 Posts
koekies said:
Very nice - is the luggage rack included with the backrest?
It might be... The site usually will have a disclaimer "Rack not included" looks really good... :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Dealers hear in Houston all have the backrests , its the darn MOUNTING HARDWARE that is on back order. I ended up doing the "$100 backrest Mod" in the How to and it turned out REALLY WELL. Check it out.....I spent under $150 (bought the taller version NEW from Harley dealer) and made it in ~2 hours. Not as large or comfy as that Suzuki peice , I am sure , but it comes off with the rear seat and is very sturdy and compact and fits the bikes lines nicely for a great price.

Good Luck......

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
koekies said:
Very nice - is the luggage rack included with the backrest?
I may be wrong, but it seems a lot of people here have talked about how expensive it is because you gotta buy the mount kit separately, which adds up to close to $600 or so (going on memory only).

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The luggage rack does not come with it.

Also, the mounting hardware WILL be arriving witht the backrest itself.

$600!?!?!?! Ummmmm....nowhere near that....

·
Registered
721 Posts
I hope you do not plan to change from 2 up to solo often.....

IMHO Suzuki made a mistake in not offering something which attaches to the seat itself.
Do a search and you can clearly see it seems to be the preferred mounting method of the 109 owners on this board.

Maybe Suzuki will wake up to this ??

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
if you do any traveling you would need the luggage rack for you pack

·
Registered
296 Posts
allenfl said:
The luggage rack does not come with it.

Also, the mounting hardware WILL be arriving witht the backrest itself.

$600!?!?!?!  Ummmmm....nowhere near that....
When I priced it without the luggage rack it retailed for around $500 I think ..... how much are you getting it for?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Do a search on Jardine. They are making them for the Zook. BUT they will be offering a quick disonect and it will be hundreds less $$
and it matches exactly. As a matter of fact. the pics show last years Jardine rack... you wont be getting that one. you will get the one in the other thread

Sledzep

·
Registered
414 Posts
I can see all the accessories online at Suzuki, but when I get to the dealer he tells me he has no new catalog to order from...WTF?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts