M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked her up a little before noon.... and took her straight home!!!! I was a little uneasy on the way home as the feel was so different than the Rocket ( I took the long route to the dealer to drop off the rocket and gave the bull a good last ride). They are definitely very different bikes. Well, I was very gentle on Suzi at first... as I want to go easy on the tires, engine and brakes for the first few miles and as I get used to her. I stopped at a Mickie D's to grab a quick burger and all the guys going in and out couldn't help but stare. One guy even stumbled up the curb on the way in because he couldn't take his eyes off of her!!!! ;)

At home... I immediately got out the blower-dryer and got the stickers off the tank... she looks much better already!!!

Had to do a little work and then took her out for a little spin..... yes, we had a good time, we only got about 20 miles in.... but tomorrow's another day!!!!! :D :D :D

I really want to take her to the Dragon at the end of the month... but I don't want to break her in by doing 3000 miles back and forth across Kansas.... too much steady throttle and it will eat up 1/2 a rear tire, won't it????? Suzi may have to wait a year before she meets the Dragon.... :dontknow:

Anyway... first impression -------> I'll miss the Rocket, but I know I'll like Suzi already!!!!! :bigthumbsup:

Here's a picture of her standing in front of Denver. On a clear day you can see Pike's Peak standing up behind the city... even though it's another 80 miles further behind the city skyline!!! :eek:

But I guess today, even Pike's Peak isn't more impressive than Suzi!!!! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Grats bro! uhm... I'm still at work and they suck about blocking pic hosting sites, but I can't see any pics anyway so I'm gonna ask... what color?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DaltonH said:
Grats bro! uhm... I'm still at work and they suck about blocking pic hosting sites, but I can't see any pics anyway so I'm gonna ask... what color?
White.......... very white!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I assume you are referring to the Rocket III, as your previous bike. I considered the Rocket before deciding on the M109. I'd be really interested to hear a comparison (once you're familiar with the M109). What made you switch??

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and welcome :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
tomph1 said:
I assume you are referring to the Rocket III, as your previous bike. I considered the Rocket before deciding on the M109. I'd be really interested to hear a comparison (once you're familiar with the M109). What made you switch??
First impression... very similar and very different!!!! :dontknow:

I like to change bikes every so often..... because I can't afford to keep 'em all!!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Congrats G ! :bigthumbsup:

now time to visit the garage every 30min :D :hot: :2excited: :hot: :2excited: :hot: :2excited:

G

·
Congrats G. Bike looks sweet. Get real familiar with her before the dragon. You don't want to wind up on the wall of shame. That is a great picture, especially on your first day. Sounds like a love affair has started already.

·
Registered
126 Posts
So you named her SUZI Hmmmmmm must be a common name had my SUZI for about 7 months now and I love her more every time I ride her. http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=3358.0 Check out my SUZI, still like the black the best although the new 07 Red ones look good. Those white ones are really white I think they might need a NASA logo :joke: Welcome to the board this site is an awsome source of information.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Congrats...enjoy and be safe ! I've had mine for just about 8 months now...and love it just as the day I bought it !

·
Registered
288 Posts
All agree th 109 is a great ride...especially for those of us tranisitioning into the cruiser market. I gave up my "Crotch rocket" for the 109. Missed it for about 100 miles or so until realizing how this baby handles. Toughest thing now is holding her back when riding in some of these group rides. This bike is the best of all worlds.

enjoy!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Congrats . . . :bigthumbsup: Pretty Bike and pretty scenery . . . love the Rockies ! :welcome:

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
I think your taste in bikes and riding styles are much the same as mine. :doorag: When you called the other day and asked if I still liked the 109 I forgot to mention that I'm just as excited about this bike as I was the Valkyrie and you know how much I liked the Valkyrie. :bigthumbsup:

The hardest thing I had to do was to not compare it to all my other bikes. ::) It really wasn't like any of the other bikes I've owned and as soon as I figured that out I really fell in love with the bike. I really don't keep bikes too long because I get boared with them after a while but I can see me hanging on to this bike for many years to come, this bike is a keeper. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

Hope to ride with you again Bro, maybe next year you can show me around your place. :D

·
Registered
407 Posts
Lamonster said:
Hope to ride with you again Bro, maybe next year you can show me around your place. :D
Not to impose but it would be sweet to setup a ride for Colorado next summer. I would come even though i am 9 hrs away plus i have a buddy and my brother both live in Denver. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
chevyguy_72 said:
Not to impose but it would be sweet to setup a ride for Colorado next summer. I would come even though i am 9 hrs away plus i have a buddy and my brother both live in Denver.  :bigthumbsup:
We can do that!!!!!!! Get ready for Summer '07 -----> Life Is A Highway Ride!!!!!!! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts