M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought m90 for my wife in Australia. Was out ridin with group and someone heard that the M90 rear shock is factory set at max setting. Adjusted the setting to a softer setting and it made a huge difference to handling. Wondering if anyone had same experience ??

·
Registered
277 Posts
Bought m90 for my wife in Australia. Was out ridin with group and someone heard that the M90 rear shock is factory set at max setting. Adjusted the setting to a softer setting and it made a huge difference to handling. Wondering if anyone had same experience ??
When new mine was so stiff it would knock the wind out of me over a big bump but after a few thousand k's it softened up or i got used to it not sure which. But im heavy i would imgine a lighter person would need a softer setting so as not to get bounced right off

·
Registered
299 Posts
Suzuki Suspension.

IMHO Suzuki OE suspension on the M109R and the M90,is CRAP.I have a 9 and the ride on that left a lot to be desired,so I spoke to a motor cycle suspension expert here in Adelaide and got the bike set up with aftermarket units.The difference in the handling of the bike is great.It isn't cheap,but well worth going to the expense of fitting the bike with a decent suspension setup.KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey, we bought M90, don't know if the rear shock was set at the stiffest point, but i set it at softest point possible, made a big difference, even when her daughter comes along for a ride, my 9 is set at the lowest point and sometime ride double and handle perfect, and i weight 275lbs, i will let you know how the M90 handle with 2 up, if she ever lets me ride it,,,

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yeah. My wife 60 kg and it was bouncing her off ! Pain in the ass to adjust em too !
How much did you adjust it, and in which direction did you turn the lock rings? I agree that they are a pain to adjust. I had a go but didn't think I made too much difference. :'(

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
IMHO Suzuki OE suspension on the M109R and the M90,is CRAP.I have a 9 and the ride on that left a lot to be desired,so I spoke to a motor cycle suspension expert here in Adelaide and got the bike set up with aftermarket units.The difference in the handling of the bike is great.It isn't cheap,but well worth going to the expense of fitting the bike with a decent suspension setup.KEZZ.:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
:agree:The suspension is pretty lame..:barf:...What did you switch too,and how much did it run you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts