M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to adjust their suspension only to find out that the adjustment tool is not in the tool pouch?

I did yesterday. I find the suspension a little stiff for one up so I thought I'd soften it one notch. Found the adjustment wheel and opened the tool pouch just to find out that the tool to adjust it ain't there :mad:. WASSUP WID DAT :verymad:. I called the dealer who, in turn, called Suzuki. Come to find out that they didn't include the tool cause "It doesn't fit in the tool pouch". Now I have to buy the tool. They also pointed out that they can change specifications at any time.

Thanks a lot Suzuki :evil:.

·
Radio Active Member
27,699 Posts
gradona said:
Has anyone tried to adjust their suspension only to find out that the adjustment tool is not in the tool pouch?

I did yesterday. I find the suspension a little stiff for one up so I thought I'd soften it one notch. Found the adjustment wheel and opened the tool pouch just to find out that the tool to adjust it ain't there :mad:. WASSUP WID DAT :verymad:. I called the dealer who, in turn, called Suzuki. Come to find out that they didn't include the tool cause "It doesn't fit in the tool pouch". Now I have to buy the tool. They also pointed out that they can change specifications at any time.

Thanks a lot Suzuki :evil:.
For some reason the tool does not come in the kit. I believe my dealer is ordering me one(should be). It states in the manual that it comes with one(page 3-19). So if I don't get a call from them soon I will call Suzuki. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
129 Posts
rynosback said:
For some reason the tool does not come in the kit. I believe my dealer is ordering me one(should be). It states in the manual that it comes with one(page 3-19). So if I don't get a call from them soon I will call Suzuki. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for the heads up. I will call my dealer and have them order my missing tool at no charge. Since the manual says it's included, I won't be paying for it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I too questioned this and got nowhere. I have a Suzuki Vinson 500 ATV and the wrench fits just fine and fits the pouch. Same goes for the too small Allen tool. I've adjusted the shock from the right side and pulled towards me. It rides alot better with a softer ride. JOHN

·
Registered
129 Posts
Mack,
So you're saying the Suzuki ATV wrench you have fits the pouch AND shock, no problem ? HEY SUZUKI !!! :verymad:

Since this bike is so much fun, I'll let them slide for now. But I still want my wrench! :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I noticed that mine was missing as well. Called the dealer, told me "all Suzuki's come this way". I called Suzuki, and they said that they will be mailing me one. That was two weeks ago, have not received it as yet.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My dealer handed it to me with the owners manual, saying it was attached to the seat pan from the factory. Maybe some dealers are thinking that they can steal another $5.00 from some unsuspecting buyer.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just picked up my wrench. $39.19 plus tax. I gladly paid for it and then called Suzuki Customer service (714-572-1490). Now keep in mind that my dealer is also my boss. I work for a Ford dealership but my boss also owns a Suzuki dealership. If I would have screamed at them they would have eaten the cost and given it to me but I chose not to handle it this way. What Suzuki had told the dealer was that they had the right to change specifications at any time and that because the wrench did not fit the tool pouch they decided not to include it with the bike. However when I spoke to Suzuki customer service they told me that the dealer was wrong to bill me for the wrench. They told me that had I called them they would have sent me a wrench at no charge. When I told them to send me a wrench and I would return this one to the dealer thats when I heard the jitter begin in his voice. He got my phone number and said he would call me back and let me know what to do. I haven't heard from them yet.

So now I understand what they are doing. Letting the dealer eat the cost of the wrench unless they refuse to. In other words "If you don't ask We ain't gonna tell" attitude.

I'll let everyone know what transpires.

Grant

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
I just called the Suzuki service about it and they gave me a line about there being a mis-print in the manual and that it wasn't supposed to be included. After all that they said they would mail me one out when they got them "in stock". I guess enough of us finally complained.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Had the same experience.....no spanner wrench in the tool kit. Contacted the salesman at the dealership and they said they would order me one. When I took the bike in for the 600 mile service I discussed the issue with the service manager. He said he would check it out. Received a call the next day that the info in the owner's manual was a mis-print, but that Suzuki would mail me a spanner to my home address. That was a week ago today and I have yet to receive the wrench.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I mentioned the missing wrench before I picked up my bike. The dealer said there was a missprint AND that they were discontinued??
He said "lets see what happens"
This is just plain wrong in my opinion

SledZep

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got a call from Suzuki America (Danny) 2 days ago. They said that they were going to reimburse the dealer for the wrench. The dealer didn't contact me yesterday so I called them. They told me that Suzuki had told them to reimburse my money and they would be reimbursed for the wrench. I wonder how long it would have taken the dealer to tell me if I hadn't called :verymad:. Anyhow they reversed the charge on my credit card today.

The Suspension Wrench Saga is finally over ;).

At least for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts