M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I recently got my orange 109 after selling my custom Harley. A few of my friends who own Harleys have stopped by the shop to check it out. I've been letting them all take it for a spin. Two of them are actually looking to buy one now. My lawn guy has 3 Harleys. He stopped by last week when I wasn't there and said I must be gay to have bought it! He came by today and was looking at it. I told him to take it for a spin. He came back it a few minutes just a SMILIN! He says " This thing is really fast" Who did the motor? I told him that it was all stock. He couldn't believe it! I told him what I paid for it, and said "you can't get a junk Harley for that" He actually said that it was a way nicer bike than any of his Harleys. That was a real compliment coming from him!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It is always good to hear this kind of stuff from new owners.

You will get accustomed to it.

It is just about the norm.

:congrats::welcome:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
My lawn guy has 3 Harleys. He stopped by last week when I wasn't there and said I must be gay to have bought it! He came by today and was looking at it. I told him to take it for a spin. He came back it a few minutes just a SMILIN!
It just never ends I swear. This is why I dispise 90% of the HD guys out there. Not every HD person feels this way of course and I have a good friend that rides a V-Rod that's great and he doesn't have this type of attitude at all.

But honestly I would say the majority of guys feel exactly as you described. Anything other than a HD is just stupid and gay. I really feel bad for these poor souls, so jaded, so clouded, they have so bought into the marketing ploy by HD hook-line-and sinker. I mean if I see one more Ultra-Glide I'm gonna puke. Talk about owning a bland bike that seemingly everybody owns.

"Who did the motor?" LMAO!!!!............aahhhhhhhhh Suzuki?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I must agree with you roller. Before I moved down here from the big VA, we rode with a group of guys that were all HD and one Victory rider. They were the nicest guys you could meet. They had been riding HD since the early 70's and hated how it has become a confrontation between HD riders and "everyone else". As it has been said, not all HD riders are stuck up but it's those ones that turn their nose up when you throw two fingers up that makes the blood boil. I could have sworn it was all about riding and not bank account show off.

·
Registered
643 Posts
LMAO at the new guy...I was riding 9s before you even thought about buying one
Maybe, but you're still a troll. And now you're riding a children's 109. Enjoy.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Im still trying to wrap my head around why so many have a complex about harley's....I got the 109 because I truly like the look of the bike and its performance...the price was a bonus. I sat on a VROD..and I was balled up so it was out...I also looked at the Rocket because it has the performance I wanted...but no dealership that was close enough for me.....I know a couple of HD idiots(sadly) But I take their comments with a grain of salt...if I wanted a HD I could have gotten one....none floated my boat other than the VROD...and it was just too damn small for me. Money wasnt a issue..and I dont think everyone with a HD had more money..I know quite a few folks that dont make more a year than I do that have HDs.....so let it go... Just ride...thats what its all about...just ride. I think all these threads only validate HD riders ego's....WHY SHOULD ANY OF US GIVE A FLYING SH!!!!!T what they think..just my humble opinion on the matter. JUST RIDE!!!! and try to enjoy it without worrying about HDs lol...these threads are a dead horse in my opinion...and dont worry I wont be responding to or reading another one...

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Im still trying to wrap my head around why so many have a complex about harley's....I got the 109 because I truly like the look of the bike and its performance...the price was a bonus. I sat on a VROD..and I was balled up so it was out...I also looked at the Rocket because it has the performance I wanted...but no dealership that was close enough for me.....I know a couple of HD idiots(sadly) But I take their comments with a grain of salt...if I wanted a HD I could have gotten one....none floated my boat other than the VROD...and it was just too damn small for me. I think all these threads only validate HD riders ego's....WHY SHOULD ANY OF US GIVE A FLYING SH!!!!!T what they think..just my humble opinion on the matter. Just ride...thats what its all about...just ride.
Many HD guys are so wrapped up in their little HD world they're clueless to what else is out there. Maybe that's why the 9 generates so many "what the hell is that" looks from the HD guys. Whatever the reason, let them isolate themselves from the rest of the world. They're only depriving themselves.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
WHY SHOULD ANY OF US GIVE A FLYING SH!!!!!T what they think..just my humble opinion on the matter. JUST RIDE!!!! and try to enjoy it without worrying about HDs lol...these threads are a dead horse in my opinion...and dont worry I wont be responding to or reading another one...
:agree: and I think that's exactly how most of us feel as well. I mean I really don't care, but the whole HD "thang" will never end. I actually like the competition and the ball busting as long as it stays friendly.

I think Wildmann's OP about how the Harley guys tune changed "once they actually rode it" is telling and that was his main point with this thread. Maybe he got them to think "you know maybe these bikes are better than what I've been lead to believe."

But I agree riding is about riding! My riding club is not model specific and we have all four metric brands, Harleys, a BMW and we all get along great, not because we ride the same bikes, but because of our passion for riding in general. That is how it should always be IMO.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Many HD guys are so wrapped up in their little HD world they're clueless to what else is out there. Maybe that's why the 9 generates so many "what the hell is that" looks from the HD guys. Whatever the reason, let them isolate themselves from the rest of the world. They're only depriving themselves.
I visited a Harley store for the first time last week. Was out for a ride with a couple of friends - C90 and Ultra Classic Electra Glide. The Harley rider doesn't have an attitude and owns 3 of them.

I really liked a couple of the Harleys - but Oh My Gosh, the price! I was impressed by the workmanship - little details, etc. but at the price there should not be any rough edges.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.