M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine took his 02 Warrior to the track Friday. He said the best he could get out it was 13.1 ....its the first time hes ran it....not that interesting...

What WAS interesting is what I was told ....and hes not a BS'er....that there was a Harley ElectraStreetVLTSTDXFGlide somethin whatever....similar to an ElectraGlide with the 2 foglights ..fairing and bags on the back...who ran 11.2 pretty consistently. Thats right... 11.2 in the quarter mile ...not the eighth ...lol. .....
What kinda super friggin motor could be in that thing?

I wasnt able to go Friday because I was working but next Friday Im going up to run the 109 and Im hoping that Harleys there again...Id love to see whats goin on with that thing

If anyone is close to Cordova Dragway (Quad Cities IL/IA) let me know if your headin up

Nate

·
Registered
161 Posts
If you throw enough money into a Harley motor it will run as fast as you want it too. The only thing about getting it into the low 11's is he's got enough money in his motor alone to go buy an M109 plus a couple sets of tires.

G

·
Probably has the entire top end of the motor worked. My buddies son has an HD with the factory screamin eagle "top end kit" - pistons, valves, springs, etc etc and the bike is nothing like stock when it is done.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thatd take alot of power to get a bike that big goin that fast. I guess the guy ridin it isnt a circus midget either.....
Hopefully he will be there next week and I can get some video :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
343 Posts
I know that bagger isn't taking any LOOOONG rides. When you open up the motor and start tinkering with high performance parts you tend to lose reliability. That bike WILL be seen dead on the side of the road. The answer to wanting a faster bike is, to buy a faster factory bike and not over-mod a HD.

·
Registered
256 Posts
yeah, he's defintiely got more than a stock motor...

my hd buddy has the 103 cu in on his wide glide,  this thing is fast...
..but after he paid 18k for the bike, he added another 5k to the motor....

all n all...my stock 109 will still out run'em....for a little over 12k...half the money!!

go figure ..

tc

·
Registered
133 Posts
definitly right about money can buy you speed ::)!!! a guy we know has a RoadKing, can run 6.5 in the 1/8th, thats right 6.5, and that is W/o NOS. i am not sure of his 1/4 mile times but have heard it was in the range of very high 10's and low 11's. funny i think my warrior would run in the neighborhood of high 11's in the 1/4, and i dont even want to race that guys Harley!!!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
horseplay said:
A friend of mine took his 02 Warrior to the track Friday. He said the best he could get out it was 13.1 ....its the first time hes ran it....not that interesting...

What WAS interesting is what I was told ....and hes not a BS'er....that there was a Harley ElectraStreetVLTSTDXFGlide somethin whatever....similar to an ElectraGlide with the 2 foglights ..fairing and bags on the back...who ran 11.2 pretty consistently. Thats right... 11.2 in the quarter mile ...not the eighth ...lol. .....
What kinda super friggin motor could be in that thing?

I wasnt able to go Friday because I was working but next Friday Im going up to run the 109 and Im hoping that Harleys there again...Id love to see whats goin on with that thing

If anyone is close to Cordova Dragway (Quad Cities IL/IA) let me know if your headin up

Nate
have you checked this out yethttp://www.procharger.com/motorcycle.shtml

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Quad Cities...Check
Friday...problem...I'm going to a wrestling event & taking a very sexy young lady for a ride after. Sorry, but she's DEFINITELY more interesting than a Harley.
I hope you have GREAT runs and get some good video!

I roll on the black 109 that is seen more on the route from my house to Deere & Co. home office than getting out having fun. I am going to rectify that situation this weekend!! I finally have some good riding weather and I'm done moving! :evil: :evil:

Now, if I can keep from seeing :cop: I can act like a :joke: and ride like :super: !!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts