M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Team,

I know, somebody probably had the same issue before.

I have 2006 m109r and replaced the clutch on the same (06-09) EOM. (plates, springs, nothing special). I also made adjustments of the push pin (I think I did it correctly).

After putting everything back together, I noticed that the clutch lever was super soft (I thought OK, I probably just needed to adjust the cable and I did). After first 100 meters I understand that something was going wrong - the clutch lever was still super easy to use (like never before), and the gears are super easy to change (never before :) ), the clutch is slipping on all the gears and I can fill some smell after 3-4 min ride and looks like only 10-15% power only. I've tried to adjust the clutch again at the lever but no results, just the same.

Did I miss something in the adjustments after changing the clutch plates/springs etc.?

Thank you,
Artem
\

·
Registered
6,240 Posts
There is an adjustment inside the case. That should be done before adjusting the one at the lever. Maybe you didn't do that? I've never done it, my 06 has never had the cases open at 40,000 miles. Still on the stock clutch, never had much of a problem with it. Have had to replace the damn cable too often though. It's on it's fourth cable currently.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,639 Posts
I agree with cbxer, you need to go through the clutch adjustment again. Or maybe you got the clutch back in wrong? If it worked before and it doesn't now, something isn't together right or adjusted right.

You need to fix it before riding it more. It doesn't take much slipping (that's probably the smell) to ruin a new clutch.

Welcome to the forum too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts