M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched but didn't find any real answers to a substitute for Suzuki Super Grease A. My service manual says to use it or it's equivalent. I have the rear tire off right now, and just need to put a little on the splines when I put it back on.

What do you guys use to lube the cables and pivot points?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Marine grease

I used marine wheel bearing grease on everything. A can lasts forever, costs $5, it doesn't run when hot, repels water, and stops corrosion. It stays put on hot trailer wheel bearings submerged in cold water (what it's designed for) and works great on motorcycles. I can't see a reason to use anything else.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,093 Posts
I used marine wheel bearing grease on everything. A can lasts forever, costs $5, it doesn't run when hot, repels water, and stops corrosion. It stays put on hot trailer wheel bearings submerged in cold water (what it's designed for) and works great on motorcycles. I can't see a reason to use anything else.
Same here. I use the marine grease on items that will get exposed to some moisture, and regular car wheel bearing grease on the other items. You could use the marine grease on all of it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I use lucas red and tacky, that really hangs on well and does well in the weather here in Florida( heat and humidity)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.