M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The beast went to the shop Friday, just before closing time. The idle, on start, had been creeping down every time I rode. The occasional cough in the breathers and generally acting cold blooded. Way beyond "sensitive" throttle in 1st - 3rd, at in town speeds, call it almost dangerous. Bike seemed to do fine once we were rolling at highway speeds, 70-90 mph. :dontknow: With less than 1200 miles on the clock, I figured to let the guys at Bargers Allsports have a look. This is the second bike I have bought from them and the service dept. is good. :nojoke: Stopped in Saturday afternoon and the tech told me that after a ride, some checking and phone calls, it looks like the beast has some air leaks. He is taking it apart to tighten and check everything. When it goes back together he is going to sync the throttle bodies for me because, "...if the factory did the adjustments with the air leaks, it will be off when the leaks are fixed." It will be done under your warranty. Now that seems like common sense, but we all know that does not necessarily apply. If you want a dealer you can trust, sales to service, give these guys a shot. http://www.bargersallsports.net/
They are family owned and been in business for about 20 years. :bigthumbsup:I know when I get the Black Beauty back, it will be like a M109R is supposed to be!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
My local dealer is also a family-owned business. They get out many times and ride with the locals, whether it be motorcycles, ATVs' or snowmobiles. Good service and they treat you right. Most times we just hear the negative but there are some honest reputable people out there.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My local dealer is also a family-owned business. They get out many times and ride with the locals, whether it be motorcycles, ATVs' or snowmobiles. Good service and they treat you right. Most times we just hear the negative but there are some honest reputable people out there.
Yes sir, and when you find one let everyone know. We do put our lives in the hands of the mechanic and it is nice to be able to trust the ones who turn the wrenches. These guys also ride with us on a regular basis. They sponsored and left on a three day ride Friday after closing up shop.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's Baaaccckkk!

The beast is home. Idle is back to normal. Slight "cough" when I blipped the throttle the first time. Pulled out of the shop and out on the service road, and right off noticed no twitchy throttle and all the "funny" noises were gone!! Shifting was better too!! Had to pull off the interstate to gas up about half way home and got to hammer it getting back on the big slab. Ran 1st up to 7 grand and "shifted like I ment it" into 2nd, dumped the clutch with the throttle pinned and broke the back end loose!! WooooHooooo! :a18:
That's what I'm talking 'bout!! A little counter steer and another shift and I was on the way home. I'll find out what was done at Bargers that fixed all the issues I had. I know part of it was air leaks, (loose fittings, hoses, etc.), and the clutch cable was adjusted. Now I really know what this bike can do!!:yikes:

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I would post this more in the TX chapter as it might benefit them more. :dontknow: Always good to find a place that gives great service as they are few and far between. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts