M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just wanted to post about a recent experience I had with Xtreme Revolution. While I try to buy my stuff from our board sponsor directline, there are things they might not carry. This past summer, I ordered a sidemount license plate and mounting kit from Xtreme Revolution.

While riding recently, I was leaning heavily into a left turn and happened to whack my license plate holder into a tiddy bump, breaking and knocking off the red lens off of the plate which exposed the LEDs.

When I searched online I found out that biker's choice makes replacement lenses as well as LEDs for their plate holder. I only needed another lens, so I emailed Xtreme Revolution about it. They are going to send me a replacement lens for NO CHARGE. That's NO product charge and NO shipping charge. They are doing this under warranty, even though I never expected it because it is basically my fault I needed a new one.

To me that is just awesome customer service. I mean, in today's age of practically non-existant customer service that just rocks, in my humble opinion. I just felt I needed to let others know about the excellent service I received from them.

Everyone stay safe out there!!

Cheers!!

brian

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had the same experence with Xtreme Revolution with my UltraFlow air intake. There was a piece that broke off mine and they sent me a letter of appology and a new intake no questions ask. Great company to deal with along with Directi Line Parts.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I had a similar experience with Extreme Revolution concerning their Ultra Flow air kits - the back side air box tab broke off on my left side air kit - I called them and they immediately acknowledged that they had a design issue with the mounting tabe of the molded injection piece.

They then sent me a newly designed replacement box overnight, then later in the week I received a technical bulletin
from them which included some new metal mounting tabs that are to replace the stock pieces which allow for better allignment thus less stress on the box.

Great customer service - I was very impressed. Plus I think the UltraFlow air kits are simply the best looking air kits available for the 109. The qulality of their airfilter chrome priece is very good.

Good products and good company.

·
Very Active Member
5,784 Posts
that's great and all, but why not post it on their board? this board belongs to Directline, Hal and Lamont. Not cool to advertise for their competitors especially when they have there own board for that type of thing. just my 2¢

glad they changed their attitude. Since they basically told there customers to screw off when asked for dyno results on their ultra flow kit

·
Registered
133 Posts
BlkM109r said:
that's great and all, but why not post it on their board? this board belongs to Directline, Hal and Lamont. Not cool to advertise for their competitors especially when they have there own board for that type of thing. just my 2¢

glad they changed their attitude. Since they basically told there customers to screw off when asked for dyno results on their ultra flow kit
DLP markets the Ultra Flow! Why not talk about it? The Ultra Flow is inferior to the Big Air.

·
Registered
98 Posts
BlkM109r said:

Thought this was a 109 forum - didn't realize that we couldn't discuss non DLP parts - that's absolutely ridiculus ...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've bought from extreme, HDL, Cruisercustom for over three years. If you don't expect them to be super-human most the times things are great. I got dyno #'s before I bought my 109 air kit from extreme without any trouble but it's always nice to see companies doing the right thing. If your still looking for dynocharts I found them here...(wasn't too hard), http://www.m109oa.com/cs/photos/hondiego/category1009/picture1279.aspx, now if Vance and Hines will hurry up with a decent exhaust so my bike can exhale as well as it inhales I should be good to go. But too cold now anyway....

·
Registered
98 Posts
BlkM109r said:
if you knew the whole history of that character and this board, you might understand my comments.
well, that "character" was very professional and responsive to this customer (being me) .. oh, well .... I'll drop it. But I personally like the company and product - not saying it's any better than any others - just my opinion to share with others. This forum should not be resticited to share positive ideas, products, companies, etc. with other fellow 109 riders.

Have a nice evening

G

·
itsthatfast said:
I'm just trying to be fair here. I believe they were the first air-kit available. The guy at Xtreme was probably tired of everyone asking for dyno results on his air-kit. I agree that he should have had them dynoed but maybe he had cash flow problems. And he did committ a business faux pas by losing his temper. That being said, are there any Big Air dyno numbers without pipes and the JSD? This is a fair question but I'm sure I'm the bad guy for asking it. And those of you who think they know the whole story about Xtreme are being told a story.
We opted to dyno it with the exhaust and power commander as that is how most people are going to use it and it starts to become a very confusing set of choices to cover every possible option and combination.

And one thing to be careful of is: "DYNOITIS".

I almost got caught up in it with the Dynos on my bike. Here is my definition of "DYNOITIS": The attempt by many people to look at different dyno charts on different bikes in different parts of the world in different climates with different add-on components and then try and make comparisons as to which bike or which part is better. The best you can say about any dyno chart is that it provides some reference points for a specific bike on a specific day in a specific location. To start comparing anything else is a big mistake.

G

·
HalGreenlee said:
We opted to dyno it with the exhaust and power commander as that is how most people are going to use it and it starts to become a very confusing set of choices to cover every possible option and combination.

And one thing to be careful of is:Â "DYNOITIS".

I almost got caught up in it with the Dynos on my bike. Here is my definition of "DYNOITIS":  The attempt by many people to look at different dyno charts on different bikes in different parts of the world in different climates with different add-on components and then try and make comparisons as to which bike or which part is better. The best you can say about any dyno chart is that it provides some reference points for a specific bike on a specific day in a specific location. To start comparing anything else is a big mistake.
Thanks Hal. I can live with that. You and Lamont continue to be true gentlemen throughout the "Air-Kit" debate. The Big Air is a good looking product and I know it helps performance. I just happened to buy the Ultraflows because that was what was out there first. I like the looks and it too improves performance. This bike does like to breathe and the homemade stuff I've seen on this site probably works just as well.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
BlkM109r said:
here's ultra flow boys response to a request about info on his product http://www.m109roa.com/cs/forums/thread/980.aspx

I'm not here to argue either way, i've still got stock airboxes and probably will be for quite awhile since Power commanders only run on Windoze software.
What does the software do? Got a BUNCH of unix/linux geeky friends (hey....I'm one, too). I'm sure one of us might be able to develop something that'll interface with their unit on a linux box if that's what you have. Does it use a standard USB connection or something to be programmed?

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Not that I am looking to fan the flames but I am sure Hal has no problem with us discussing products that are not produced by HDL. I'm sure he understands that we all shop with different vendors who at times may supply a look for the bike that we are looking for. I have been dealing with Direct line for quite some time( since My 02 VTX) and I have always found them to be a top shelf company. Having said that I have also bought quite a few parts from Xtreme Rev.and have also found them to be a very good company to deal with as well. I will not get into the bad move the owner made with his comments a few months back other than to say everyone has a bad day. I don't think we need to beat up on someone because they bought a part from another company. Blk109 I am sure you are giving Hal proper compensation for allowing you to sell shirts on his web site, Right? bottom line let's all be realistic here and continue to share info on products and performance upgrades for this bike no matter where they come from and in the process if Hal sells something you like by all means buy it, He does run a great company that is clearly committed to the sport of motorcycling

·
Registered
98 Posts
lostrider said:
Not that I am looking to fan the flames but I am sure Hal has no problem with us discussing products that are not produced by HDL. I'm sure he understands that we all shop with different vendors who at times may supply a look for the bike that we are looking for. I have been dealing with Direct line for quite some time( since My 02 VTX) and I have always found them to be a top shelf company. Having said that I have also bought quite a few parts from Xtreme Rev.and have also found them to be a very good company to deal with as well. I will not get into the bad move the owner made with his comments a few months back other than to say everyone has a bad day. I don't think we need to beat up on someone because they bought a part from another company. Blk109 I am sure you are giving Hal proper compensation for allowing you to sell shirts on his web site, Right? bottom line let's all be realistic here and continue to share info on products and performance upgrades for this bike no matter where they come from and in the process if Hal sells something you like by all means buy it, He does run a great company that is clearly committed to the sport of motorcycling
Well put .... If Hal sells what I'm looking for, he get's my business period - if not, I will buy elsewhere.

BTW - Hal, very good comment on the "dynoitis" - dyno results are exactly what you described, specific to a bike, on a specific day, with conditions of that day.

·
Registered
203 Posts
lostrider said:
Bump :bigthumbsup: :cop:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts